Quick question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawk1278

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just received my golem gear BP/WING system. I spent about half an hour or so making adjustments and getting everything in place like I wanted. I am new to the whole BP/Wing setup. What I received was the following BP already thread with webbing, D Rings and waist buckle in place, crotch strap all in place, and my 35lb wing. Now I am guessing I still need to get a single tank adapter (STA) right? What type of nuts/bolts work best for putting the STA/Wing/BP together? And does anyone have a diagram of how this might look? I have been hunting around on the internet on how to ring a BP/Wing system up from scratch but not making much progress. If anyone knows a good site I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hey Hawk,

Here's a good link for putting a harness together: http://www.gasdiving.co.uk/pages/misc/kit/harness_2.htm

I'm not familiar with a golem setup, but basically a wing gets sandwiched between an STA and a BP. If you buy an STA, I believe they come with their own bolts, nuts, etc. You'll have to ask when you order. Just for reference, I have Hammerhead plates, which happen to use (and came with) 5/16" bolt and nuts. I also went out and bought SS lock washers.

You might not need to get the STA as the Golem35 already has built-in STA rods. Just thread the included SS cambands through the slots on one side of the wing then through the backplate slots and then through then slots on the other side of the wing, attach a tank and you are done. You might want to get short SS bolts and nuts (wingnuts) to secure the wing to the backplate for tanks swaps.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the help everyone. Jakub you were right there is a built in STA so now all I have to do is purchase some SS nuts/bolts and I will be good to go. I can't wait to dive this!

Yeah.. This rig dives great with no STA. For the record, I had no stability issues without one... I even dove it without any wingnuts and it was fine.

I do appreciate the extra weight an adapter can give, though. Plus, those halcyon bands really hit the sweet spot.

-V

Back
Top Bottom