Quick report- diving on Maui this last week.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ketchumid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had lots of fun this last week diving in Maui and was able to hook up with some fellow SB’ers as well as locals, and friends of friends.

One highlight dive was a trip to 5 Graves (South Maui) with Shanka Divers- Doug Corbin. I knew I was in for a good time when I saw the yellow bus pull up, bubbles pouring from the windows and Doug hanging out the drivers door yelling- let’s dive!
scuba19.jpg

Love the scooter option Shanka offers, with the additional ground you cover and the extended bottom time from not burning air swimming, it was a fun filled hour of chasing fish and flying over the reefs. (check out the ray in background)
scuba23.jpg

Tons of Turtles in Maui- saw trutles on all dives in Maui this year-
scuba31.jpg

Doug sent some great shots over and I think they really show how easy it is to do a DPV dive (this was my first dive with this type of torpedao) Doug is an expert and fixture below the water in this part of Maui – keep him on your list and look him up when visiting Maui. Here's his contact info:

'Shaka' Doug Corbin
Shaka Divers, Maui, HI 96753
P (808)250-1234
F (808)879-1234
Welcome to SHAKA DIVERS Web Site!
shakadoug@helloworld.com

Overall the diving on Maui was great- Also got over to Lani and some North Island sites- will post thoose later if the photos turn out.

Back
Top Bottom