Quick stupid question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Pt-015 housing. My lense has hard water spots on the outside. Is this going to effect the quality of my pictures underwater?

Underwater, they'll disappear.

Break out the Windex or lens cleaner and clean it off :p

If that doesn't work, I would guess that a mild vinegar solution would help as well.

Great! Thanks for the tip. I've never really thought about it until today since i'm preparing my equipment for Kauai this wed. I got a couple of dive charters booked with Bubbles Below.

I keep a small swimmers towel, the fake chamois type, with me. I either leave it on the dive boat or tuck it into my suit. When I get back to the boat/shore I squeeze dry the towel and wipe my housing dry. This has eliminated those spots that form. If you don't get them off immediately, they can be 'etched' permanently into the glass, depending on the water and the minerals in it.

I also use this towel to dry my face and hair if I need to open the housing between dives. It's become one of the 'can't do without it' items when I dive.

Back
Top Bottom