Quick translation from Dutch needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deefstes

Contributor
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to th
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I was doing some reading on frogkick.nl on how to improve your diving when I came to a section on trim which looks interesting but I culdn't understand all of it. I was hoping that one of the Dutch members could help me out with a quick translation.

Tenslotte decomprimeer je efficiënter, omdat je longen volledig gebruikt worden. Als je rechtop in het water staat is de drukverdeling van buitenaf over je longen ongelijk en zal niet overal evenveel gas terechtkomen. Een dee van het bloed kan dan minder gas uitwisselen.

Sounds like they're making a case for off-gassing in horizontal trim so as to make the process of off-gassing more effective. This sounds interesting but I'd like to know that I understand it correctly and also the explanation of the mechanism.

Any help please?

Thanks to Babel Fish :D Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Finally decomprimeer you more efficient, because you lungs are used entirely. If you stand rechtop in water is the drukverdeling from outside concerning your lungs unequally and not gas everywhere as much will arrive. Dee of blood can exchange gas then less.

Translated by: Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL
Ultimately decomprimeer (decompressing?) you more efficiently, because your lungs become uses complete. If you upright in the water state are the pressure distribution of outside over your lungs wrong and will not everywhere as much gas be found. A the of the blood then less gas can exchange.

Hi all, I was doing some reading on frogkick.nl on how to improve your diving when I came to a section on trim which looks interesting but I culdn't understand all of it. I was hoping that one of the Dutch members could help me out with a quick translation.

Tenslotte decomprimeer je efficiënter, omdat je longen volledig gebruikt worden. Als je rechtop in het water staat is de drukverdeling van buitenaf over je longen ongelijk en zal niet overal evenveel gas terechtkomen. Een dee van het bloed kan dan minder gas uitwisselen.
Sounds like they're making a case for off-gassing in horizontal trim so as to make the process of off-gassing more effective. This sounds interesting but I'd like to know that I understand it correctly and also the explanation of the mechanism.

Any help please?
Finally, you're decompressing more efficiently because you're using your lungs to their full capacity. If you're vertical in the water, the outside pressure on your lungs is not the same everywhere, leading to different amounts of gas on different places in your lungs. A part of the blood will then exchange less gas.
:dutchflag:

Ultimately decomprimeer (decompressing?) you more efficiently, because your lungs become uses complete. If you upright in the water state are the pressure distribution of outside over your lungs wrong and will not everywhere as much gas be found. A the of the blood then less gas can exchange.
Translated by: Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL

Finally, you're decompressing more efficiently because you're using your lungs to their full capacity. If you're vertical in the water, the outside pressure on your lungs is not the same everywhere, leading to different amounts of gas on different places in your lungs. A part of the blood will then exchange less gas.
:dutchflag:
The software cannot spot a typo. "dee" is not a Dutch word, "deel" (UK: part) is. So it can only see "de" (UK: the) with an extra "e".

"Staat" means "state" but can also mean "standing" as in "he's standing". it's difficult to choose which one you need unless you understand the sentence it's used in.

Etc..

Wonderlik! Baie dankie El Orans. I got it pretty close at least. Oh and the typo was probably my doing and not the website's error.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom