Quiz - 17 - Diving Knowledge Workbook - Diving Physiology

Carbon monoxide is difficult to detect because it:

• a. is inert.

• b. has a sedating effect on the diver.

• c. is odorless and tasteless.

• d. All of the above are correct.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you forgetting that biology includes a whole lot of non-animal organisms?
Yes, I am. Because I'm thinking primarily about human metabolism. I didn't imagine that hyperbaric physiology had to include the plantea, the bacteria or the archea kingdom.

Mea culpa.

I always associate liquid Nitrogen with functioning like an inert gas in terms of respiration. It was a big part of the safety lecture for my universities composites lab to never use the autoclave alone, as if there was a Nitrogen gas leak we would have no idea until we passed out and most likely died from lack of Oxygen.

And it can happen almost instantly. It's wasn't unusual for early saturation divers to be accidently exposed to hypoxic and anoxic environments. Half an inhalation off a mask with deep mix on the surface will put you on the deck wondering what happened. People have blacked out and fallen ~10'/3M when climbing into bells (post dive) that haven't been ventilated. Unfortunately, I have the scars to prove it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom