Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner - Tissue Compartment and Half-time

A ____ tissue compartment model was used to determine the no decompression limits for the Recreation

• a. 12/120 minutes

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • b. 14/60 minutes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • c. 6/60 minutes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • d. 14/120 minutes

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
From the PADI Dive Theory Exam:

A ____ tissue compartment model was used to determine the no decompression limits for the Recreational Dive Planner and the surface interval credit table was calculated using a tissue half-time of ____.

I will post a daily question from my exams to help newer divers and to encourage more experienced divers to interact gracefully and helpfully with the newer divers.

Reminder - this is a post in the Basic Forum and it is a green zone. Please be nice and on topic.

Thank you for your patience while we try to give people something to discuss other than Covid-19 and/or Politics. I will post the answer covered by the spoiler tag later today.

Good question, I would imagine this is something that most divers do not know. And, why was this tissue half life chosen for SI credit?

What is the first number listed in front of the compartment half-life?

Tricky question as the answers you provided could be correct for other stuff.

RDPs did not exist when I learned to dive and I know nothing about them.

I also learned on the US Navy tables, but later, learned about other tables and computer algorithms. The PADI RDP was also implemented as a popular computer decompression algorithm, DSAT.

Still, the RDP has an interesting history, both the number of compartments chosen and the reason for the slowest tissues's half-time. See http://archive.rubicon-foundation.org/xmlui/handle/123456789/4228. The RDP can also be used for multi-level dives but it is complicated: http://dspace.rubicon-foundation.or...ndle/123456789/9332/AAUS1991_3.pdf?sequence=1.

ML? I prefer the wheel :gas:

(I learned on the USN tables in the back of my book. When it came time to get tables, I bought a Wheel. Used it until I got a PDC.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom