Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner - Tissue Compartment and Half-time

A ____ tissue compartment model was used to determine the no decompression limits for the Recreation

• a. 12/120 minutes

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • b. 14/60 minutes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • c. 6/60 minutes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • d. 14/120 minutes

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ML? I prefer the wheel :gas:

(I learned on the USN tables in the back of my book. When it came time to get tables, I bought a Wheel. Used it until I got a PDC.)
LOL! I've got two Wheels....this allows you to gt almost any answer you want.....
THIS is the way to get some weird looks on a dive boat. Just pull out the Wheel during the surface interval....

ML? I prefer the wheel :gas:

Ha ha, I used one too when they came out back in the 90s until I bought my first dive computer, which was a Suunto Companion IIRC.

My first set of tables were US Navy also, but the PADI slates were easier to use., plus you can take them underwater. I doubt the RDP is waterproof.

upload_2020-4-6_9-37-33.png

This is on the basic OW exam? I can see the point in understanding the idea of a model and the idea of fast and slow compartments but I think for a beginner diver the actual number of compartments used in a particular model is irrelevant whether they use a wheel or a PDC or whatever. So you think it might be 10 and it is actually 8. How does that affect your diving? As you get into deco understanding the algorithm you are using makes sense but this is basic introduction and anything that is taught and not used will probably be forgotten

(I did my OW through SDI)

This is on the basic OW exam? I can see the point in understanding the idea of a model and the idea of fast and slow compartments but I think for a beginner diver the actual number of compartments used in a particular model is irrelevant whether they use a wheel or a PDC or whatever. So you think it might be 10 and it is actually 8. How does that affect your diving? As you get into deco understanding the algorithm you are using makes sense but this is basic introduction and anything that is taught and not used will probably be forgotten

(I did my OW through SDI)
LOL. So how do you account for all those threads where folks say OW is so watered down it has no meaningful content anymore?

LOL. So how do you account for all those threads where folks say OW is so watered down it has no meaningful content anymore?

Fake content. You only have to get what is it 70 or 80% right on the test and the test administrator will then review all the ones you got wrong. So one question like this is just for shows sake.

Reminds me of a microbiology instructor my wife had in college who did not want anybody to get an 100%. One question on the final was a picture of a microbe. The question was what page in the text did this picture appear?

Actually at this level I would question how meaningful that account is,

I like and carry the SDI tables. On the back they have NDL for 1.4 and 1.6 at different depths. I have added 1.3 and 1.2. I will push my NDL if it is a great dive but I do not like to push the O2 loading.

I like and carry the SDI tables. On the back they have NDL for 1.4 and 1.6 at different depths. I have added 1.3 and 1.2. I will push my NDL if it is a great dive but I do not like to push the O2 loading.
Hi @Steve_C

I didn't know that SDI had developed their own tables, is that correct, or do they use other established tables? Obviously, NDLs do not vary by ppO2, are you talking about the MODs, or oxygen exposure, I assume NOAA?

Let me clarify. This is a table from the SDI Nitrox course. On one side are the oxygen exposure for different PO2 and different exposure times. I was referring to the other side. See attached. For mixes from 21 to 40 it gives
0.jpg

you EAD and PO2 for a range of depths. So at 28% at 91 ft I have EAD of 80 and the PO2 of 1.1.

I am conservative in that I like to keep my PO2 down to 1.3 or 1.2. I have dove 28, 30, 32, 34, and a rare 36. Since I often do not know if the next dive will go and keep tanks at home the tanks are often set for the deepest dive over the next two montths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom