R.I.P PacketSniffer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its sad that I never had the opportunity to dive with Richard. I've seen his posts on the board, some made me laugh aloud. Reading what others have said about him, I'd have enjoyed his company as a divebuddy and friend... Peace be with Richard, his family, friends, and all of you who were privileged to be his dive buddy.

I cannot find PacketSniffer's name in our Texas Swamp Diver listings. Since it is apparent that he had dived with some of our Swampers in the past, that made him eligible to be counted amongst us. I would like to add his name to the Houston listing (posthumously, unfortunately) as an honorary member. Does anyone object?

Works for me. He was a good guy to dive with.

I have worked with Rich for over a year now and I know how much he loved his children and family. He was a good man and friend. I will miss him.

There are no words to describe how devastating this is.

Richard was an amazing human being. He had an infectious smile, great sense of humor, a gynormous heart, and a pure love for diving. This is truly a sad time for all and he will be missed.

A lot of my favorite dive moments were with Richard. Saw my first Manta Ray with him. More important, he was a true friend in every sense of the word. He gave 1000% in every aspect of his life. I can't say enough of how great he was because, that's Richard. I'm grateful to have known him.

PacketSniffer.jpg

PacketSniffer2.jpg

Who else could have gone to Bonaire in a drysuit and rebreather and smiled the entire time?
He was a diver.

Packetsniffer-1.jpg

"I'd like to request a favor. Richards parents would like copies of any diving related pictures that you might have.

If you would be willing to share picture with his parents please e-mail them to me at dan@weyant.net. I will compile all of them, put them on a CD and make sure they get to his Mom and Dad.

If you'd like to include any comments about the pictures I will make sure they get included as well.

Thanks,

-Dan"

***PLEASE leave in place...do not remove!

I can't even come up with the words to express both my shock and sadness concerning Richard's passing. He was a friend who was so very passionate about diving and truly a great guy. Deepest sympathy to his family and friends. He is greatly missed.

He was special to everyone who had the pleasure of interacting with him.
Inperson, online, over the phone... The world is a dimmer place with his passing.

I got to spend a week with him a few years ago. Diving and skiing in the PNW.
He came up in March and stayed at my house.
I had the pleausre of watching him dive a leaking drysuit, meet his first Wolf Eel and discover a seal sleeping in a boat.

I smile everytime I think of Richard. He was more then generous. Simple one of the best people I have gotten to know.

Packie ~ You will be missed my friend. I hope you have found smooth seas, deep caves and endless wrecks to explore.

I am very sad to hear this news. I just saw the thread. I am on Bonaire right now. I will miss Richard sorely. We had a great trip to Tenkiller three years ago. That's where a bunch of us Swampers almost sank a pontoon boat! That was good times! I will miss Richard. My condolences to his family.

ScubaTexan, Richard started the Sticky thread "Where are you in Texas?"

Back
Top Bottom