Rail Guns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
When will you be doing a railgun? The plastic extrusion glued onto some of your aluminum barrels dont count since the shaft doesn't touch it anyway.

I have a Rob Allen and it is decently built, far more accurate, and quieter. However, I like the ergonomics of your Magnum handle far better for hunting and loading. A glass-filled injection molded version (quieter and non-corrosive) of that handle and the Rob Allen or Hammerhead style open muzzle, a little quieter mechanism, and a typical railgun shaft with pins or shark fins would be hard to beat.

I hate to see the high-end ceded to other countries when the improvements would have such a small impact on the unit costs.

Well, it certainly seems to me that you would be talking about the new Woody Elite series guns. JBL has just released the new wood guns with their brand new M-7 trigger and handle assembly. The Woody Elite is a genuine wood rail gun, with an open muzzle, hybrid spearshaft, and bands with spectra wishbones and shark-fin shafts. The new trigger assembly is really first class and the gun is quiet and accurate.

We currently have the closed muzzle guns on our website and have already sold several of them in the first 10 days since the release. We expect to have the Elite open-muzzle guns up within a week.

You can take a look at the closed muzzle version on our website at.....

JBL Woody Spearguns with M-7 Trigger

If you want to talk with someone that has actually held the Woody Elite, give me a shout at (800) 601-3483. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

When will you be doing a railgun? The plastic extrusion glued onto some of your aluminum barrels don’t count since the shaft doesn’t touch it anyway.

I have a Rob Allen and it is decently built, far more accurate, and quieter. However, I like the ergonomics of your Magnum handle far better for hunting and loading. A glass-filled injection molded version (quieter and non-corrosive) of that handle and the Rob Allen or Hammerhead style open muzzle, a little quieter mechanism, and a typical railgun shaft with pins or shark fins would be hard to beat.

I hate to see the high-end ceded to other countries when the improvements would have such a small impact on the unit costs.

Here's the Navy's version of a railgun. This might be a little overkill for your purposes unless you're going to hunt cities.

Attachments

• 080131-N-0000X-001.jpg
    080131-N-0000X-001.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 2,489
I am anxious to see the new woody elite. I have the older version 38 Special and love the gun. I may have to upgrade to one of the new sawed off magnums!

Back
Top Bottom