Railes Wreck on Castro Urdiales (Spain)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hull was made of wood, there is only some pieces of iron and an anchor. All you see in the video are train tracks, which is what he was carrying.

The hull was made of wood, there is only some pieces of iron and an anchor. All you see in the video are train tracks, which is what he was carrying.
Wooden schooner or brigantine? The anchor is a pre 1900 design. Not a whole lot of wrecks carry rails so ID should be relatively easy if you have resources that list the wrecks in the region.

Excellent video and thank you for sharing your dives

At night I get good information about the wreck and I put all the info here. Let's see if I'm saying what isn't hahah

As far as I have been informed, it was a small wooden ship that carried rails for the railway. As soon as I found out about the sinking date and more information I will put them here.
Here you have another video of the wreck.
Update:
The rail barge sank in a storm. The cargo listed and water began to enter the barge. Before the ship that pulled her sank, it was released.
Some fishermen has told me that they don't know exactly the date but 1900-1936.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom