Rain-x in mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gangrel441:
Don't know anything about the safety of the product for this use, but the product he is talking about is not the RainEx we all know and love that makes water bead and roll off your windshield. It is a new product by the same company branded under the same name that is applied to the inside of the windshield to keep the windshield from fogging.

I don't know how well it would work or how safe it is, but I think you are probably right about the alcohol being the main irritant, and it seems to me the quantity of residue left on the mask would be miniscule, not enough to cause significant eye irritation. Also, since this product is designed to repel fogging, not rainwater, I am guessing that it would be washed off the inside of the mask after just a few floodings, which would kind of defeat the purpose of using it in the first place.

By the way, the same alcohol is in . . . the lense cleaners you get at the eye-doctors office.

Stan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom