Raja Ampat Liveaboard Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw the Blue Manta at Penemu last week, looks like a nice new boat, quite large and spacious looking
You should have come on board, assuming we weren't climbing those dang 300+ steps at the time. If you run into us again, come over and ask for Nu or Cedric. They'll at least show off the camera room.

I have done the Arenui 3 times (and doing again in 2017) and booked on the Dewi in Oct 2016... having just come back last week from Raja (on the Arenui) and talked to a lot of folk I think the top three in the luxury category are the Arenui, Dewi and Damai II (seen all 3 and you can tell). Don't have any info on the Manta, but know a friend who used to be a dive master there and he said it was good - not sure as luxurious... So I guess look at Damai (there is a I and II - II is newer) or you can always email the Arenui and ask about cancellations - FYI just because the website says it is booked it likely means that an agent has chartered it, but doesn't mean all spots are taken. The boat can put you in touch with the agent booking it to see if there is availability - that is how we ended up with a nice guy from Belgium on our boat last year :)

Hello again Beachbunny14! :)

Indeed, the Indo Siren still has some availability from 12 dec – 22 dec 2016 – so perfect timing for you!
The boat is similar to Dewi Neusantara – a sailing liveaboard with plenty of space for you and your husband. Have a look to the Indo Siren website to see how the boat looks like and its features.

The crew on board and the boat have many positive feedbacks from its customers – you can read them in here - https://scubatribe.com/profile/indo-siren

Contact me if you need further information on the boat or the destination!!! :)

Cheers!

We have been in RA in December and although we had a bit of light rain, it did not ruin the diving in the least! It is a shame you can not go on the Dewi. We have been on her 3x and absolutely love everything about that boat from A to Z. Have a great time! P.S. I have friends that have been on the Damai and the Areuni and loved both of those boats!

I was on the Mermaid in November I have obly been on that one trip so I cannot compare to others but I had a great experience, in that: (1) the dive guides were very good; (2) the dive briefings were excellent (3) they treated us VERY well and the food was very good. It's worth it to get a cabin on the main deck versus the budget cabin.
I second Mermaid I . Dived with them in March and had an outstanding trip. We had the master cabin and it was very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom