Raja Ampat or Banda Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im doing Lady Denok Oct 19-25 Ambon to Ambon. So a bit later than you unfortunately.

Hopefully the good weather would still be with you. Here is my fail attempt to cross Banda from Ambon to Raja Ampat trip report: Nov 20 - Dec 2, 2017 Ambon - Sorong Crossing Trip Report

Fortunately we survived the crossing and Raja Ampat once again saved the trip from a total disaster. That’s my 7th time in Raja Ampat. My 8th time will be with Amira in January 2020.

We still have a couple spots available for the trip with Amira due to cancellation. Check it out: Raja Ampat 14-25 Jan 2020 with Amira $837 off

Wow. Thats a lot of time at sea between dive spots! Long sails in the open ocean can be dicey as you found out. My trip is just Ambon to Ambon so probably not venturing as far out in the open ocean. Also earlier in the year (Oct not November) so hopefully decent weather and hammerheads.

Just saw this map on a weather blog. Bad news for the planet but if these SSTs persist should be good news for anyone planning a fall Banda Sea trip.
July SSTs.jpg

Reactions: Dan
Perfect. I'm going on a fall Banda trip. Are these average sea temperatures and variation from ideal temperatures for the specific local reef? What am I looking at here? Sorry, if I am coming across as dense or dumb. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom