Random Fotos during my dive in Sodwana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisgp007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Still playing around with camera settings so drown me if these fotos arent the greatest im still a noob at playin photoman in the water. Hopefully will get better.
Well took these fotos in Sodwana bay this past weekend as was brilliant conditions minus some harsh surges tryin to stay still for the good shots on some nudibranks.
Maybe some one can tell me where i am goin wrong on my foto shots so i can remember not to do that and improve on where i went wrong or adjust a settin on my camera. THNX

Attachments

• 018(2).jpg
    018(2).jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 020(2).jpg
    020(2).jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 065(2).jpg
    065(2).jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 070(2).jpg
    070(2).jpg
    427 KB · Views: 24
  • 092(2).jpg
    092(2).jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 098(2).jpg
    098(2).jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 138(2).jpg
    138(2).jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 174(2).jpg
    174(2).jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 187(2).jpg
    187(2).jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 198(2).jpg
    198(2).jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 211(2).jpg
    211(2).jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 319(2).jpg
    319(2).jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 323(2).jpg
    323(2).jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 349(2).jpg
    349(2).jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 355(2).jpg
    355(2).jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 25
Nice pictures Chris.
Just a few suggestions.
- you need to adjust the white balance to get rid of the blue-green of the pictures. This is best done by using a strobe. If you don't have a strobe (or flash) then practice setting the White Balance on your camera. It may have an Underwater mode. Try that. If it has manual white balance, try that. To manual white balance you take a picture of something white or gray while pushing some button.. particular to your camera. It should be in your camera manual.
- Try to get in front of, level with or below the fish is possible.

thnx under water . Camera has no underwater feature as its the old sony cybershot , was takin fotos on automatic mode , will play with manual mode but have no clue when it comes to doin the settings . But will try puttin it to manual white balance settin and usin a white slate to get it right next time im down there. gettin under the subject is abit tricky tho as still wet behind the ears of divin tho so will proberly put down the camera for awhile and focus on just divin and bouyency for the time being. But thanx again for the imput on tellin me where i went wrong.

.... getting under the subject is a bit tricky tho as still wet behind the ears of diving tho so will probably put down the camera for awhile and focus on just diving and buoyancy for the time being. ..
Sounds like a good plan. When we are focusing on taking pictures, it is harder to know where our feet are and getting a handle on buoyancy is a priority.
Yep, getting underneath the fish that are sitting on the bottom can be a bit hard. Bring a shovel. :wink:

For a complete noob you did well to get the pic that you have ! Well done.

Good idea too to get your diving skills up to speed. While you are doing that you have time to practice your topside skills with the camera - things like setting the WB and using the manual controls. That way they will almost be second nature when you decide that you are ready to take the camera underwater again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom