Rashguard pants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Because I (unfortunately) cannot stay under water all the time, I need something for snorkeling. I have a couple of rashguard shirts, but need something on my bottom (an unfortunate sunburn made this VERY clear).

So, any suggestions for the lycra bottoms? Full leg? capri? stirrup/ankle straps?

I'd like something colorful. No need for warmth (I have a wetsuit for diving), this is strictly for snorkeling/burn prevention....

The alternative would be for you to get a full length dive skin. You could use it to dive or snorkel in warm water and I have seen some that were very colorful.

The alternative would be for you to get a full length dive skin. You could use it to dive or snorkel in warm water and I have seen some that were very colorful.
I thought about a full length stinger suit - but how to get to the bathroom??? this is why I wear a tankini under my wetsuit...

All full length dive skins I have seen come with a front zipper and are much easier to remove than wetsuit.

Some have back zips (mine does) but as mentioned, they are much, much easier to remove and replace than a wetsuit. Even if you need to go to the bathroom, it's very easy. They bunch up quite small so you can also hold onto the top part while you go. I'm assuming you're a woman if you're wearing a tankini (correct me if I am wrong) so another option is to wear surf leggings...Roxy makes some great ones. Carve does as well. Swimoutlet.com has many options.

Caribbean Sunset Surf Leggings ERJX403092 | Roxy
1mm Pop Surf Scallop Surf Leggings ERJWH03012 | Roxy
Salters Tight
Surf Legging at SwimOutlet.com

(I'm not sure if you can see the search results on the last link but I went to Swim Outlet.com and searched "surf leggings".) Another search parameter you can use online are "swim tights"

Good luck and let us know what you find and end up with!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions! I bought two sets of swim tights/leggings - TYR and Carve. Can't wait to go snorkel with them!

Because I (unfortunately) cannot stay under water all the time, I need something for snorkeling. I have a couple of rashguard shirts, but need something on my bottom (an unfortunate sunburn made this VERY clear).

So, any suggestions for the lycra bottoms? Full leg? capri? stirrup/ankle straps?

I'd like something colorful. No need for warmth (I have a wetsuit for diving), this is strictly for snorkeling/burn prevention....

Your basic workout leggings that don’t contain cotton will work fine. I’ve seen many other women mention this on a FB women-only diving group. So hit up Walmart or Target and see what you can find.

Dive Skin Rashguard Pants | MAKO Spearguns

MDSRP-2T.jpg

Lycra has the advantage of drying relatively quickly. Wearing wet cotton on the boat can give you a chill for quite a while as is dries.

We also offer a 3 -piece discount package of lycra pants top and matching hood which provides excellent sun and sting protection.

Dive Skin Rashguard 3 Piece Package | MAKO Spearguns

MDSR3P-2T.jpg

Thanks!
Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom