Rawlings open Sunday 30 Jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone. I've been laying low since the arrival of the newest (and last) future diver in my family on December 1st...my son Ryan. The diving withdrawal has been rough, but my wife mercifully gave me the go-ahead to head to Rawlings on Sunday, so I am excited at the prospect of scratching my scuba itch this weekend. Hope to see some of you there. It really is the best time of year to go if you have a drysuit, vis is spectacular.

Rob

http://www.lakerawlings.com/Email/PolarBear/Default.html

Hi Rob, congrats to you & the misses on Ryan.
I won't make it Sunday, going to the dive show in Baltimore on Sat. with my wife & spending the night in DC with Drewski.
But you should see some VB Tech members there, I know Bill Ripley will be there, so don't be shy & go meet them. He will be driving a silver Suburban & diving a Rebreather.

Thanks Rob. If I see Bill I'll say hello. Would like to see his rebreather up close. Enjoy the dive show.

Rob

Bobby, glad I saw this thread.

Looks like we've got 15 coming from VB/Norfolk, etc. + the Richmond Dive Club + W. Maryland Divers, etc., + it's Polar Plunge (or something like that) Day at the lake. We're cooking dogs sometime between 12 & 2, so come by and grab a couple. Bring what you want to drink and anything you would like to add to the table.

BTW, I like the "solo" by your name. Me, too. We'll have to talk.

Hope to see you there. Can't believe RAD Diver isn't going to be there.

OK Bill, will see you there. I'm diving a Bare drysuit, steel 120 single and slinging a yellow 19 pony. I'll be driving a green, well aged toyota sienna minivan (I know, I know, but hey, I got three kids...12, 4, and 2 months:)

Was head zoo keeper yesterday all day while my wife took some time for herself, advance payment for my day at the lake. So an hour or so underwater will be bliss...my solo days at Rawlings are my therapy.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom