RB Listings on Profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almity1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys

In case you are wondering....

I am the Group Leader or one of the Group Leaders of the RB Pilot Zone. I remember saying Yes very early in the morning :D

I was thinking when things were first set up we didn't cover ownership and all brands or at least all makes, brands of RB's, or even Home Builds.

At the moment the listing on the users profile are:

Evolution
Inspiration
KISS
Megalodon
Prism
rEvo

Already I can see more, like dividing the KISS into Classic KISS and SPorts KISS and the Meg going Meg COPIS and Meg APECS

A listing for Home Build along with Pelagian, Mk15 and no doubt many others.

What other RB's are out that can be added to the list.

Cheers

almity1

A question if I might.

When you ID yourself as a rebreather owner it shows up on your profile that you're a rebreather diver, when you set it to blank it goes away. Are there not rebreather users who are not owners?

Also should we have listings for ownership and training for the MK-15 / Mk-15.5 / Mk-16 / CCR-1000 suite of rigs, as well as Homebuilt, and "Other" and ... ?

Maybe even for "Other eCCR," "Other mCCR" and "Other SCR?"

Or does this sort of detail really matter (or does it belong in the prose sections) and should it just be rebreather diver.

A question if I might.

Maybe even for "Other eCCR," "Other mCCR" and "Other SCR?"

Or does this sort of detail really matter (or does it belong in the prose sections) and should it just be rebreather diver.

I think it does....

When you ID yourself as a rebreather owner it shows up on your profile that you're a rebreather diver, when you set it to blank it goes away. Are there not rebreather users who are not owners?
All three rebreather specific fields need to be entered in order to have the badge on display.

All three rebreather specific fields need to be entered in order to have the badge on display.
Exactly. I've done a fair amount of closed circuit work in the past and maintain an interest in it. I have two pure oxygen sets (a Carleton Cobra and an older Pirelli pendulum set ,and I'm going to build one the those hot water bottle sets). I also have two mixed gas sets (a MK-15.5 and an ancient Beckman that I hope to make work someday) in storage. I've only had OTJ "training" on any of them. So I guess I don't qualify.:D

There are plenty of other rebreathers out there on the market. There's the new Cis-Lunar/Poseidon, the Ourobros/Sentinel, the Hammerhead, and, of course, my favorite, the Dive Rite Optima (which is the unit I dive).

Back
Top Bottom