RDX-500D Housing and Standard Port Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ataman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does RDX-500D Housing and Standard Port Set comes with a zoom gear or is this something I need to buy extra? I am very new to DSLR Housing and trying to figure everything out... Is zoom gear generally part of the port?

cheers
Firat

HI-
Since several lenses can be used with the RDX standard flat port, there is no gear supplied. You can review the RDX system charts HERE to see which compatible gear would go with your selected lens.

The housing has a set of teeth that can work with various ports/gears. No gears come with the housing since they are lens specific and the housing without ports is lens agnostic.
Bill

Thanks a lot for the replies! Next questions is Does RDX-500D Housing and Standard Port Set Product ID no 06628 has a port base?

I am just gathering pricing, will order soon!

Thanks
Firat

HI-
The set 06628 comes with the RDX-500D housing and the RDX Standard Flat Port that bayonet mounts onto the housing. It does not come with a port base. Please check out the RDX-500D information from our website.

Another question about the standard port: The description says that it fits 'standard' zoom lens, but I can't tell from the picture whether the 18-55 zoom lens will be able to fully extend (when used with the zoom gear).

Has anyone tried it out?

Thanks.

The standard port does indeed work with the 18-55. Why you would want to use that lens underwater is a mystery but it does indeed work. I would strongly recommend a combination of the 60 macro and the Tokina 10-17. That way you can do really neat macro, great fish portraits and really nice wide angle. Of course you need another port but IMHO the 18-55 is not really worth the price of admission.
Bill

I believe the standard port will also fit the 60 macro. Another good lens UW is the Sigma 17-70 macro behind a FE dome port. I'm working on figuring the gearing for it.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom