Re-fit a discontinued BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
G
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been diving for quite a while and in the past had trouble finding BC parts for discontinued BC's. My last issue was trying to find a replacement bladder for a mid 80"s Parkway BC. No longer an issue since I've outgrown them (such is life). I just purchased a Aeris EX200 and I've noticed that Oceanics bought Aeris, and is selling on the outlet site a 60 lbs. lift bladder. I have spoken with Oceanics and they say they have no information on cross parts integration. Does anyone have any info on bladder repair or parts for an Aeris EX200?

IIRC, Aeris was the "value" brand of Oceanic and was discontinued when Oceanic was sold. My only recommendation is to go to an Oceanic dealer and compare the two BCs checking if the inflator and dumps are in similar position.

There are patch kits on the market (Zeagle sells one) and repair tape. Most manufacturers do not recommend patching a BC.

Can you clarify your question? Are you asking if the Aeris bladder will fit the Parkway? If the 60 lb bladder on the "outlet site" will fit the Aeris (or Parkway)? does the bladder on the Aeris not hold air (if not, why did you buy it)? If it does hold air, why do you think you need a 60lb bladder?

Can you clarify your question? Are you asking if the Aeris bladder will fit the Parkway? If the 60 lb bladder on the "outlet site" will fit the Aeris (or Parkway)? does the bladder on the Aeris not hold air (if not, why did you buy it)? If it does hold air, why do you think you need a 60lb bladder?
He wants to put the Oceanic bladder in his Aeris BC. The specs on the Aeris BC show 60lb lift. I think he wants the Oceanic bladder as a spare in case his Aeris bladder gets punctured.

Thanks all, for your comments and suggestions. I am/was looking for a spare bladder for the Aeris EX200. Special thanks to ams511. I will look further into the valve arrangement to see if it's adaptable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom