Re-posting, Advice Needed for Cape Town area Great White Shark Diving in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pisces Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
​I will be in Cape Town in late September and hope to dive with Great White sharks while there. I am aware that there are two possible locations to experience this, in Gansbaai or Simon's Town, and either with scuba gear or breath holding. I am getting conflicting advice as to which location would provide the best experience for late September. My preference is to use scuba, but I've also been told that the bubbles may scare away the sharks. I would appreciate any advice those familiar with this area could provide, preferably not from someone with a commercial interest. Thanks!!!

Sorry you've not had a response. I can't think of any local members who might be able to help you. Few of us have been cage diving with the White Sharks, so can't give any advice. Good luck and please let us know if you do find an answer, so perhaps we can help the next guy out.

A cage takes all the excitement out of it!

A cage takes all the excitement out of it!
True, but where can I dive and see the without the cage?

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2014 at 10:34 AM ----------

Make that see great white sharks. Actually, right now we have great white sharks off our coastline here in Massachusetts, but no-one is offering any dives with them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom