ReactPro - Microsoft Jet Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it almost worked. :( After install, it worked great. I quit the program, then restarted it and I received the same Microsoft Jet database error I originally got. Uninstalled it, trashed the GENESIS folder in the Programs folder, restarted the computer (to make sure I flushed out any residual errors in memory), and re-installed the program and still got the Microsoft Jet database error.

Jim

Jim,
The engineers ask what Windows version is he using? This GCI version has been tested with several clean Windows versions. And is working.

In regards to the question of can the Aeris and Genesis logs being combined. The engineers repsones was "Sorry, there is no option right now. We will work on the newer version of all software that will import data from DL7 Level 1 format and text format."

Not sure what all that means, but it looks like it will be an option in the future.

I am using Win XP Media Center Edition v2002 SP3 v3311. I have been trying to troubleshoot also and have come up with an interesting result. When I first install it, it works. It stops working after I run the Aeris version of the software. After I run the Aeris version, I can uninstall and reinstall all day and the Genesis version won't work. I wonder if the Aeris version and the Genesis version uses some of the same common files and Aeris modifies it to the point that Genesis can't use those common files any more. I am assuming the same engineers work on all versions of the basic DC program (since it is sooo similar in nature).

If all versions go to the same import and export file types (txt or DL7), that would be a major step forward in allowing the end-user to migrate all the dive data to another dive computer (Sherwood to Aeris to Genesis to whatever else that shares the same basic DC design).

With all the issues I am having with Aeris and Genesis software, I had to go buy a third party software program and import what I could, and hand-enter what I couldn't. The hand-entered (Genesis) ones did not allow for the profiles to be transferred. A shame to lose that information.

I hope your (and Aeris) software engineers can get it working smoothly. Please keep me informed of new updates and I'll test them out.

Jim

BTW, Thank you for responding to my issues. I have also posted the Aeris software issues on that forum (under the Aeris ACI 2.2.2 beta thread) and haven't received any feedback. Sent a post with issues and another with feedback from their updated program. Nothing back from them. So I appreciate your feedback on the Genesis side!

One other thing that may have caused the issue - not sure, but I did have problems start around the time I had installed Dive Log 4.0, which included the installation of Microsoft's SQL server (2003 I think). When I determined Dive Log 4.0 wasn't for me, I uninstalled it along with the SQL server software. Could I have uninstalled some of the software this program uses when I did an uninstall of the SQL? I'm not sure what was loaded prior to installing Dive Log's SQL, but I did uninstall all components of the SQL when I uninstalled the Dive Log program.

I am in the process of installing SQL Server 2008 Express to see if it reloads any software your program requires. I'll let you know the results tomorrow.

Jim

Tested the Genesis software on another computer running Windows XP Professional 2002 with Service Pack 3 v5755. Program started up with no problems. Everything was in metric, but the radio button was set to imperial. I switched it to metric, looked at a dive, then went back to the screen with imperial/metric and it was back on imperial. Every time I switched it - to either metric or imperial - the data remained in metric and the radio button was set to imperial.

After I quit the program, I tried to restart it and I received the Microsoft Jet error - this was on a computer that had only basic programs on it - no MS Office, No MS SQL Server, No Adobe - other than Reader. Only Norton Ghost, Norton 360, iTunes, and QuickTime loaded on it. So the chances for a conflict with another program are slim.

I hope all this info helps you track down any bugs that may be in the software.

Jim

Here is what the engineer said:

1. Genesis products should use Genesis software and Aeris products should use Aeris software for compatibility.
2. We cannot not support any issue caused by using one company's product with other company's software.
3. In the future, the software will support importing dive data in DL7 Level 1 Standard format from any product.

I understand - I did not mix and match data with software - I used Genesis software with the Genesis React Pro and Aeris software with the Elite T3. The compatibility issue I brought up was that maybe the two software packages use the same files or call routines and makes them incompatible in that, even if they are run separately, one at a time, they make some of the files unusable by the other.

The inability of the Genesis software to work appears to have something to do with the Microsoft Jet engine. I can't download data from my dive computer until I get the Genesis software to work (still get the MS Jet error). I hope I misread your point #2 - it sounded like since I use two brands of dive computers and software, this software won't be fixed if there is an issue of one software package interfering with another one - even if they are run separately at different times?

Jim

I found out what the problem was. After much testing, it appears my log file is corrupted and that is what is causing the MS Jet error. Using another log file, the sample log file, or a new log file allows it to work. I had to remove my log file so it wouldn't try to load it right away. ONce it didn't find my log file, it asks if I want to load a different one. At that point, I can open any other log file and it works fine.

Thanks for the help on this.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom