Ready to buy but a few questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attreui

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to start tech diving soon, and am working on putting the gear together. I really like this stuff. I will be getting a doubles kit most likely. I have some very petty but still important (to me) questions. I found D6 stuff off the DGX site and saw the line they sell there. I would MUCH prefer the signature stuff, but the one thing that is bothering me is that I prefer flex hoses. They allow that option on the DGX site. Okay, I know a lot of people roll their eyes over that and could I live without them, sure. However, I will be needing the 7' hose and it only comes in Orange! I don't think I want 7' of orange hose wrapped around me! Can there please be a black hose option? I will be happy to support the regs in orange, but I dunno about the hose! :D

Thanks for an awesome business model and product, I can't wait to dive them.

There are some safety considerations to using the braided hoses, they can lead to issues with degradation inside the hose not being noticed. I use some myself but just be aware.

Also I’ve found that a braided hose behind my neck chafes the hell out of me, I’m diving warm water without a hood so you may not experience the same issue.

Some links
MiFlex Xtreme Hi Perfromance LP Braided hose 84" Scuba Regulator second stage | eBay

MIFLEX Xtreme LP dive scuba Regulator Hose 3/8 cm 120 black ...... USA | eBay

MIFLEX Xtreme LP dive scuba Regulator Hose 3/8 cm 120 blu..... USA | eBay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom