Ready to jump into Seattle diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings, all! I've been out of the water for a few years due to moving about but I am settled here in Seattle and almost ready to jump back in with both fins.

My background: dove steadily for over a year in Hawaii doing some reasonably demanding dives from shore and boat
PADI OW/AOW and GUE-F, but my Fundies cert is expired since I have been out.

The biggest barrier to jumping in right now is my drysuit needs some new seals, my regs need either service or replacement, and I'd love to score my own tanks in the very near future but that can wait. Oh ya, and dive buddies :)

So if I could get some suggestions on where to take the the drysuit and regs that would be best for now. I'm starting to keep my eyes on the classifieds for the tanks but those are a secondary priority.

Peace,
Greg

Greg,
Welcome to Seattle. I have always gone to the Underwater Sports in Seattle to get my gear fixed or serviced, they usually have great customer service.
Alex

Also kind of depends on where in the Seattle area you're located.

Welcome back to the PNW!
For the dry suit, just make sure the shop is certified to work on your particular suit brand.
Have u checked out northwest dive club forum?
Feel free to PM me if interested in a local dive. I live in kirkland.

I'll second mpspringers question about NWDC. Great bunch of folks there that you can get in some good dives with. The resident GUE instructor on NWDC is Koos DuPreez (pronounced Kwiss). Koos is really cool, I needed a Hogarthian harness for a BP&W and he sent me one at no cost even though he only barely knew me on the forum. I have not had the opportunity to dive with him yet but I look forward to that day.

Here is the forum address for you:

www.nwdiveclub.com

Another forum member here on this board that is also on NWDC is TSandM. She is very active with GUE also. TSandM and her husband Peter live up near your area and dive up there all thee time as well. Both of them are awesome people.

Wow, thanks for the advice, folks! Sorry for the delay in getting back, got a bit busy here :/

I will check in over at NWDC in due time. As for location, I'm in West Seattle so a quick drive to Alki Beach and apparently everything else. Once I get my gear squared away I'll be able to dive just about any morning with some notice, plus weekends.

Thanks, LowDrag, for the info about Koos. I will get in touch with him as well - I'm GUE but hardly a snob about it :) Once I've gotten comfortable in the local conditions I should be ready to return to my old Dive Slut ways :)

Peace,
Greg

There is generally a bunch of GUE-Seattle divers at Cove 2 at Alki (where Marination restaurant is) on Wednesday afternoons and evenings. It's a great opportunity to meet some folks and get an orientation to one of our common local sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom