• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Real ID driver's license for US Vets

Discussion in 'Military Divers' started by Akimbo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. loosenit2

loosenit2 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    onlinescuba.com also offers a 15% military discount. You sign in through AAFES and find them as a vendor. Create you account and it remembers you as an AAFES exchange customer and applies the 15% to everything you buy, does not appear to have any brand restrictions.

Akimbo likes this.
  2. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    You did not loose a lot with home depot the 10% does not apply to building materials.

3. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    texas has this also and it is free if done at timeof renewal otherwise it is a 15 dollar fee (there abouts)

4. JamesBon92007

JamesBon92007 Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I went in and applied for my Real ID. It was exactly the same price as the regular driver license ($36). I just needed to bring my passport, SS card, and something with my address on it.

5. divinh

divinh Photographer

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    That should be the case. If your license doesn't expire before Oct 1, 2020 /and/ you need it to board flights, then you would need to renew your license early; otherwise, wait til for the normal renewal and use a passport or other approved I.D.

6. Kensei

Kensei Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I got my California Real ID about 2 months ago. If you get your Real ID as part of a regular license renewal, there is no extra fee, just the regular renewal fee. If you get it before a renewal, then there will be a fee.

7. JamesBon92007

JamesBon92007 Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    In my case it was the routine renewal, except my picture was about 20-25 years old and they wanted to find out if I could still see. Oh, and my hair is not brown any more....