Real Time Blue Manta Review: Banda Sea 9 – 19 Sept 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the local dive shop should have videoed the mommy Psychedelic frog fish daily to the time when her eggs hatched like the video of Flamboyant cuttlefish hatchlings (below) and sold the video to National Geographic magazine for $$$. :)

One of the local dive shop should have videoed the mommy Psychedelic frog fish daily to the time when her eggs hatched like the video of Flamboyant cuttlefish hatchlings (below) and sold the video to National Geographic magazine for $$$. :)

very cool

The eggs were tucked at the side of the frogfish and the tail-fin was used to cover the eggs and also fan the eggs. You can partially see the eggs in the middle of the picture.
View attachment 548083

I saw the video by Ocean Vizion in YouTube. I can see the pattern were already formed inside the eggs, which would had been hatched soon afterwards. :D

Also The Underwater Tribe @Mike Veitch made a video of the Psychedelic Frogfish with eggs in 2017 (below). It seems the eggs were just freshy came out of their mommy's tummy, with plain light yellow color with no pattern, so they were not matured like the one videoed by Ocean Vizion (above).

If you guys have a couple days in Bali, I highly recommend you to dive in Manta Point (Nusa Penida) & Blue Corner (Nusa Lembongan). @Foo @Jay & I did it yesterday. We saw 2 mantas, 4 mola-molas & a thresher shark in clear blue water. I’ll upload the YouTube video later.

As promised, here is the video (including the Great White Shark since it happened on the same day in Nusa Penida :))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom