really distasteful ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And as the world turns, so do our bubbles rise to the surface.

Glad this is behind everyone and hopefully we all continue to try and educate those who wish to ask and learn. Me included.

Bob, you have a frequent habit of changing the subject matter creating straw-man arguments. Personally, I like the OP, who served our country well as a military officer. However, no one is immune from censure should they create countless jihads in site support over a host of trivial issues, especially during a very trying time (software up-grade) for the IT administrator.

I totally agree, except this time they were right IMO...

Being the OP, I assure you I'm on subject. The subject isn't Jax ... it's not about jihads or censure. It's about behavior.

I know a little something about how staff is supposed to handle these things. If a staff member has a personal issue with a board member, they're supposed to deal with it behind the scenes. If they can't resolve the issue, they're supposed to turn it over to another staff member ... one who doesn't have a personal stake in the outcome.

They are NOT supposed to air it out in public, or go messing about with someone's account, or re-opening a closed thread in order to let a few other members who are sympathetic to their "side" engage in a slap-down of the offending party.

That's unacceptable ... it shouldn't happen. It did happen. I hope it doesn't happen again.

I'm not interested in the gory details of why. I like both Jax and Howard. I've met Howard personally and he's a great guy. I hope to meet Jax someday. If I had my way, those two would get together and come to some agreement so they could peacefully co-exist here.

My issue isn't about Jax and Howard ... it's about trust., Staffers have a certain power to affect the course of conversations. They can remove or edit posts if they choose. They can alter a member's personal information. And they can prevent any one of us from even having the ability to be here. There's a trust relationship between members and staffers that they won't abuse those privileges.

I want that trust relationship to remain intact ... and THAT is the subject of this thread.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Being the OP, I assure you I'm on subject. The subject isn't Jax ... it's not about jihads or censure. It's about behavior.

I know a little something about how staff is supposed to handle these things. If a staff member has a personal issue with a board member, they're supposed to deal with it behind the scenes. If they can't resolve the issue, they're supposed to turn it over to another staff member ... one who doesn't have a personal stake in the outcome.

They are NOT supposed to air it out in public, or go messing about with someone's account, or re-opening a closed thread in order to let a few other members who are sympathetic to their "side" engage in a slap-down of the offending party.

That's unacceptable ... it shouldn't happen. It did happen. I hope it doesn't happen again.

I'm not interested in the gory details of why. I like both Jax and Howard. I've met Howard personally and he's a great guy. I hope to meet Jax someday. If I had my way, those two would get together and come to some agreement so they could peacefully co-exist here.

My issue isn't about Jax and Howard ... it's about trust., Staffers have a certain power to affect the course of conversations. They can remove or edit posts if they choose. They can alter a member's personal information. And they can prevent any one of us from even having the ability to be here. There's a trust relationship between members and staffers that they won't abuse those privileges.

I want that trust relationship to remain intact ... and THAT is the subject of this thread.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Welcome to the Springer show......

Welcome to the Springer show......

... I only want to watch Jerry on The Pub channel ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Actually, Bob, Andy and Kim were mods extraordinaire...this was back in the days when the Fundamentalists set the tone, from what I could tell.

...back in those days, I got warnings like once a week, for things like writing up a dive sharing JBs long hose.

The more they banned people, the more exciting it was

...so listen to this: I am on one other board, and I rarely post (everyone is smarter than me, not like here)

..and there is this woman suddenly over there, from here.:shocked2:

what are the odds of that? Totally unrelated to diving...kinda gave me the creeps

Reactions: Jax
Actually, Bob, Andy and Kim were mods extraordinaire...this was back in the days when the Fundamentalists set the tone, from what I could tell.

...back in those days, I got warnings like once a week, for things like writing up a dive sharing JBs long hose.

The more they banned people, the more exciting it was

...so listen to this: I am on one other board, and I rarely post (everyone is smarter than me, not like here)

..and there is this woman suddenly over there, from here.:shocked2:

what are the odds of that? Totally unrelated to diving...kinda gave me the creeps

:D You are on a roll tonight.

I hope Howard will forgive me, because I know him and genuinely like him, but I thought this picture was too amusing not to post...

our-mods.jpg

Smile - if your worst problems are a squabble on the internet, then think of those who are posting from cancer wards. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom