Rear view mirror

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndrewStick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys.
I found out that in a drysuit it is a little difficult to me to control buddy. It is necessary to turn all over. Once I saw a mirror on a hand of some guy and wanted to make similar. So I went to a car shop and bought 50 mm blind spot mirror. Modeled and 3D printed bungee adapter for it.

QIP Shot.jpg SAM_1187.JPG SAM_1188.JPG SAM_1191.JPG SAM_1192.JPG SAM_1194.JPG

STL file on thingiverse.com

That's a nice design.

If someone in the US with a 3D printer wants to make some, I would buy a couple.

Andrew,
I applaud you for your injunity!

The SCUBA rear view mirror was developed and marketed unsuccessfully by a San Diego, California USA company called Aqua Craft about 30 years ago.

It was on the market for about 5 or so years and did not sell well

Perhaps the diving world is now ready for your rear view mirror ????

Sam Miller,III

After Bob sold Aqua Craft the company totally imploded under the new owner with in a short time --
So many good and great little parts like the rear view mirror-- Who ever first invented it name has been lost in the dust of recreational diving short forgotten history .

I some how suspect there are a precious few on this board who can recall Aqua Craft

SDM

T
I some how suspect there are a precious few on this board who can recall Aqua Craft
SDM

That was where I got nearly all of my miscellaneous gear such as my dive knife, goodie bag, weight mold, speargun, fish stringer, etc. My Aqua-Craft stainless buckle is my weight belt buckle of choice

.WP_20170904_001.jpg WP_20170904_005.jpg WP_20170904_006.jpg WP_20170904_007.jpg WP_20170904_009.jpg

A treasure trove of AC goodies....Antiques to many divers...

That spear gun is a jewel When first produced in the 1950s early 1960s one of the top guns in the world

It was designed and produced by the late Johnny Carroll with an aluminum components

It was stolen and copied in total by Sportsways who produced it in plastic (10% Change )

Sportsways went broke - Aqua Craft acquired the gun from the ashes of Sportsways

AC went belly up DACOR acquired the gun

DACOR went down the tubes and the gun ended up back in Kalifornia

A very small undercapitalized company Orange Californian acquired it where it died an unceremonious death

Hold on to it -- still a great shooter - one of the best

SAM

A treasure trove of AC goodies....Antiques to many divers...

That spear gun is a jewel When first produced in the 1950s early 1960s one of the top guns in the world

It was designed and produced by the late Johnny Carroll with an aluminum components

It was stolen and copied in total by Sportsways who produced it in plastic (10% Change )

Sportsways went broke - Aqua Craft acquired the gun from the ashes of Sportsways

AC went belly up DACOR acquired the gun

DACOR went down the tubes and the gun ended up back in Kalifornia

A very small undercapitalized company Orange Californian acquired it where it died an unceremonious death

Hold on to it -- still a great shooter - one of the best

SAM

That was my fourth (?) speargun so I was familiar with some of the weak spots on guns. I very carefully chose the Bandito after a lot of comparisons. I have never regretted my decision. It has new rubber and is ready to go! Mine has the plastic handle/release mechanism but it is very sturdy. I painted it "camo" after noticing that the fish would take off in a hurry whenever I had my speargun with me. Painting it seemed to help quite a bit. Some of the shots I've made with it even amazed me :wink: It seems to have a built-in guidance system. I bought mine probably around 1968 or 1969, if I remember correctly.

The way you describe the history of the speargun it sounds like it is cursed :wink:

My Aqua-Craft stuff may be antiques but I still use it all. Perhaps that makes me an antique too.

There is a beginning , a middle and an end to all things .

There are also things that do to acceptance, design and longevity became classics - The Carrol gun is a classic gun.

It is a great gun and should with care last a life time'

As I recall you can obtain Camo paint and duct tape at most sporting good stores

SDM

I have a son-in-law who's interested in spearfishing and he's been eye-balling it. He rather compulsive so I keep telling him not to buy a speargun yet. Eventually he will probably end up owning my Bandito but first I need to make sure he understands the value of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom