Rebreather Articles In DIVE (UK Magazine)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you mean by that?

What is BSAC?

DIVE TIMES Evolution Air compared to (BSAC tables)

90 mins at 20m no deco compared to 37 mins deco
60 mins at 30m 11 mins deco compared to max 47 mins, 20 mins deco
40 mins at 40m 18 mins deco compared to max 32 mins, 21 mins deco

I don't mean anything by any of it, you'll have to ask the author(s).
BSAC is the British Sub Aqua Club.

No..... I think you misunderstood my question... :)

I don't get these comparisons:

90 mins at 20m no deco compared to 37 mins deco
60 mins at 30m 11 mins deco compared to max 47 mins, 20 mins deco
40 mins at 40m 18 mins deco compared to max 32 mins, 21 mins deco

Is this compared to OC set up?

Thanks in advance,

caveseeker7:
I don't mean anything by any of it, you'll have to ask the author(s).
BSAC is the British Sub Aqua Club.

Nice going, Rob. Barely recognized you without your gun. :wink:
Easier in the picture of the Belize article you were front and center with badge. :D
Oh well, the babe with the PRISM is prettier, anyway. :linkz:

Hoosier, I'm pretty sure they compare to the BSAC OC tables, probably air.
A guess, I don't have any to check that.

Stefan,
Nice list of articles for my reading pleasure.

I find it interesting that all of this is covered in the UK mag’s but when you look at US mag’s there is noda, nothing, bumkin…. That is really sad.

You two are Hilarious! Anyone going to DEMA?

Andrew

Andrew,

The Brylske article appeared in the July 2004 issue of Dive Training magazine, but the pictures were better in the UK magazine article. (Not all of them were reproduced in the internet posting of the article.) You are right, though, there is not a lot of publicity on rebreather diving, except in Advanced Diver Magazine.

The bit that Stefan is referring to was when I went to Belize to train the Belize Police Dive Team, after the Wave Dancer tragedy.

I don't carry my gun underwater, although I know from personal experience (watching it, not doing it) that a Glock 9mm works extremely well underwater, at least at relatively short distances. (Professional shooter. Closed course. Don't try this at home, kids!) :11: :D

Rob

P.S.--I will be there at DEMA, and I believe Stefan will as well.

R

P.P.S.--Stefan, I wouldn't even begin to argue the bit about the gal with the PRISM! :D :D

Crazyduck:
Nice list of articles for my reading pleasure.
You're welcome. Oddly enough, I used to browse through the mag 2 or 3 years ago, never had RBs in it when I could find it.

I find it interesting that all of this is covered in the UK mag’s but when you look at US mag’s there is noda, nothing, bumkin…. That is really sad.
Rodale's had an overview about RBs a few uears ago. Not much to write home about, but a listing with specs. Used to be online, too, before they revamped their website.

Skin Diver had several features about the Drägers over the years as that's what PADI teaches.

immersed had some articles, and probably will keep having them with Bozanic editing.

AquaCorps had several articles, too, but hasn't been around for a while. Neat stuff from a historcal perspective, Shas has a nice collection. :wink:

But as Rob said, the only magazine really worth it's money is ADM, anyway.
MK-5p, PVR-BASC, K3, PRISM, YBOD, Meg, HH, Sport Kiss have all been covered, Classic Kiss is in the current issue. Plus plenty of events and exploration using RBs. :D
Nothing else comes close.

You two are Hilarious! Anyone going to DEMA?
Yes. We'll get in as court jesters. :D

BigJetDriver69:
I don't carry my gun underwater ...
That's because you carry what Chief Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard calls "a nickel plated sissy gun". :linkz:

... a Glock 9mm works extremely well underwater, at least at relatively short distances.
Sure does. Although for UW use the Heckler & Koch P11 seems like a better choice.

Rob,
I guess the next time I see you I will need you to autograph my log book. I cut out that picture of you in the pool and it is the back cover of my logbook- TOO FUNNY. :D

Andrew

BigJetDriver69:
Andrew,

The Brylske article appeared in the July 2004 issue of Dive Training magazine, but the pictures were better in the UK magazine article.
Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom