rebreather diving on the big island and kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the soaring cliffs of the Napali Coast to the vast chasms of Waimea
Canyon,Kauai embraces the senses like no other destination. Explore the island via land , sea or air to experience settings you’ve only dreamed about. Discover 50-miles of heavenly beaches from Poipu Beach to Hanalei Bay. Explore charming and historic small towns like Hanapepe and Koloa where no building is taller than a coconut tree. With so much to experience, “Hawaii’s Island of Discovery,” is begging to be explored.hawaiin.info

From the soaring cliffs of the Napali Coast to the vast chasms of Waimea
Canyon,Kauai embraces the senses like no other destination. Explore the island via land , sea or air to experience settings you’ve only dreamed about. Discover 50-miles of heavenly beaches from Poipu Beach to Hanalei Bay. Explore charming and historic small towns like Hanapepe and Koloa where no building is taller than a coconut tree. With so much to experience, “Hawaii’s Island of Discovery,” is begging to be explored.hawaiin.info

Well that was interesting :rofl3:

Mike,
Contact me for diving on Kauai with rebreather I can help you out, just let me know what you need..

pack your own tanks just take the valves off first I carried my tanks in onboard luggage

it's not that hard to take dill and o2 tanks with you. taking them as carry on gets a lot of weight out of your checked luggage, but as has been said, TSA seems to be temperamental about everything. I was traveling with some friends a couple of weeks ago and they simply set up their rig with the tanks mounted, and attached the rEvo (mini or micro) to a roller and took it straight on the plane with them. They used an elastic plastic cover to go over the entire unit and make it look tidey. they definitely got the snuffleupagus going through TSA but once TSA rubed the rig down for explosives and had them open whatever part were asked, they were let through. They've done this with good luck on many trips, i'm told.

I did not have the nerve so I checked mine. All was fine heading to destination but when I got home there was a note from TSA and part of the back plate had been dismanteled... apparently they found interest in the low back extension and didn't bother putting it back together.

Taking your rig as carry on is much easier on the unit.

George

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom