rebreather diving on the big island and kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,
A couple of things, i ran into an issue with TSA when trying to use carry-on for my tanks (rEvo). TSA decided at the security checkpoint that they were too heavy and required me to check them, and to return to the ticket counter to do so. While they were helpful in some small ways, it was an expensive pain, as I had already checked my bags, and had to get a 3rd bag to do this. Looking into afterwards, bottom line was TSA can do as they please. Being prepared may help.
you might want to PM TekSimple as well he has Kauai experience as well.
I would check with Jack's Diving Locker, they were just starting to set up a blending station and may support that now.

Definitely a bummer KonaAquatica closed. Jim really put his heart and soul into that business.

Oh, If I'm in town I'll be on that Hogan dive you mentioned.

There's a new operation in Kealakekua, in South of Kona, I think they're big into rebreathers, call them.

Contact
Alain
Mamalahoa Hwy, Kealakekua, HI, 96750
Telephone: 808-323-3011

Heading for Kauai next month. I thought I had everything set up and suddenly got shut down by Kauai Rebreather and Technical. They will no longer even fill tanks for someone not diving with them. No support. Zero. Does anyone else fill O2 on Kauai. I can bring tanks and sorb, but I can't fill my own O2

Back
Top Bottom