Rebreather or not?

Should I move to CC or stay on OC.

• Go on OC tech, get more dives and experience and switch later.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Start to train CC now.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • You are an idiot.

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the only thing I get from this, is a poor procedure almost cost a guy his life. Has nothing to do with team diving or gas supply.

but barely and in the knick of time

i'm in the camp of learning to do things oc then going cc and backing way way up and relearning those things cc. we've spent the past year doing intro level dives and are just about even with where we were oc.

Seems to me that his team saved his life.
I know someone who mentioned once that her team sticking regulators in her face until she bailed out is why she survived a CO2 hit. There was another rebreather diver here who had a similar story, the reason he was alive was that his teammates were there and realized there was a problem. In both cases the diver with the problem had no real understanding as to how much trouble they were in.

Is there not a way to put a co2 sensor on a Rebreather? I'm guessing not or it would have been done by now.

So the only way to tell is by symptoms?

Also as an update I completed my gue drysuit course and it looks like I will be doing tech 1 in december time. Just building experience on the drysuit and twinset at the minute. I start my SSI extended range course in two weeks.

I think after tech 1 I will focus on getting 25 dives at tech 1 level. That will take a year or so. Planning on doing an excursion to Scapa Flow, Krnica and Dahab once I get qualified for tech 1.

Once I've done those dives I'm going to make the decision then.

Also planning some cave work probably in Budapest.

It's exciting and I'm looking forward to being able to plan some technical diving!

Is there not a way to put a co2 sensor on a Rebreather? I'm guessing not or it would have been done by now.

So the only way to tell is by symptoms?

Also as an update I completed my gue drysuit course and it looks like I will be doing tech 1 in december time. Just building experience on the drysuit and twinset at the minute. I start my SSI extended range course in two weeks.

I think after tech 1 I will focus on getting 25 dives at tech 1 level. That will take a year or so. Planning on doing an excursion to Scapa Flow, Krnica and Dahab once I get qualified for tech 1.

Once I've done those dives I'm going to make the decision then.

Also planning some cave work probably in Budapest.

It's exciting and I'm looking forward to being able to plan some technical diving!

I have a Revo and it has an additional plug in the module for a future CO2 sensor or so I have been lead to believe. Not there yet apparently?

It's hard. A medical end tidal CO2 sensor isn't designed for use in salt water, in high pressures, in 100% humidity, or in high helium atmospheres. And it isn't desighed to fit inside the mouthpiece of a rebreather.

It's hard. A medical end tidal CO2 sensor isn't designed for use in salt water, in high pressures, in 100% humidity, or in high helium atmospheres. And it isn't desighed to fit inside the mouthpiece of a rebreather.

Other than that they work just dandy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom