Rebuilding regulator and BCD I just bought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noa8877,
Have you found a spanner wrench which fit yet?

Hi everyone,
I have a question on disassembling the MK10. I spend a lot of time searching but can't find any clip which looks like it. Hope someone have the same model and have an answer. The question is (please look at the numbers labeled on my pic) do I mount the spanner wrench to the ambient ports (no. 2) or do I mount it to the bigger holes (no. 3)?

No. 2 diameter is 4.3mm. No. 3 diameter is 5.9mm

I found a spanner wrench I like. The pin diameter is 3/16, that is 4.7mm. So, if I need to mount it to the ambient port (No. 2), then I need a smaller spanner wrench. Also, I read somewhere someone mentioned that the hook type spanner wrench works better than the pin type. Is that true?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 125
Noa8877,
Have you found a spanner wrench which fit yet?

Hi everyone,
I have a question on disassembling the MK10. I spend a lot of time searching but can't find any clip which looks like it. Hope someone have the same model and have an answer. The question is (please look at the numbers labeled on my pic) do I mount the spanner wrench to the ambient ports (no. 2) or do I mount it to the bigger holes (no. 3)?

No. 2 diameter is 4.3mm. No. 3 diameter is 5.9mm

I found a spanner wrench I like. The pin diameter is 3/16, that is 4.7mm. So, if I need to mount it to the ambient port (No. 2), then I need a smaller spanner wrench. Also, I read somewhere someone mentioned that the hook type spanner wrench works better than the pin type. Is that true?

Thanks in advance.
The spanner should go in the hole labeled 3 in your picture. An appropriate sized bolt or first stage holding tool gets threaded into the HP port, becoming your opposing "wrench" or means to mount in a vise. It should unthread and separate right above the ambient ports.

Unless I'm wrong... I work on MK5s so this is based on looking at parts diagrans and interpretation.

Respectfully

James

Getting ready to order kits for my MK10 1st stage and some G250 2nd stage, I also see each has available the O2 Viton MK10 and O2 Viton G250 kits. Do I need these O2 Viton kits?

Also, Is the tool below the piston bullet VDH mentioned at 17:36 on the video clip below (looks like black plastic little tip goes on top of the piston)?
Store | Vintage Double Hose

Thanks in advance

Getting ready to order kits for my MK10 1st stage and some G250 2nd stage, I also see each has available the O2 Viton MK10 and O2 Viton G250 kits. Do I need these O2 Viton kits?

Also, Is the tool below the piston bullet VDH mentioned at 17:36 on the video clip below (looks like black plastic little tip goes on top of the piston)?

Thanks in advance
As I understand it, viton is only needed for greater than 40% O2 applications... But for that you also need O2 cleaning, O2 compatible lube (such as christolube), etc.
The merits of viton versus ordinary O rings outside of high percentage O2 use are debatable.
Respectfully
James

Thanks. James

umm... I forgot to include the MK10 service video clip which I mentioned above :D. Good thing you know what I was talking about.

Also, there is a sim kit. I assume this is only on some special situation when adjusting the 1st stage?

Thanks. James

umm... I forgot to include the MK10 service video clip which I mentioned above :D. Good thing you know what I was talking about.

Also, there is a sim kit. I assume this is only on some special situation when adjusting the 1st stage?
The SP piston first stages have no external adjustment... So after you put it together and check the IP, if it is low you can add shims (effectively pre-loading the main spring) to increase IP. You "probably" won't need them (it may have some already installed)... But if you're putting together an order, I'm a big fan of "better to have and not need, then to need and not have", especially for something cheap like shims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom