RECALL - SureLock II Weight Pocket Handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is still good. Not heard of any recall notice in malaysia. But anyhow, how do I go about with this in Malaysia? I think the authorize dealer is Planet Scuba in Kuala Lumpur.

You are correct.
Please contact

Planet Scuba Sdn Bhd,
Attn. Mr. Faiz
No 2A, Jalan Telawi 5,
Bangsar Baru,59100, Kuala Lumpur
T: +603 2287 2822 F: +603 2287 6922

for specific information in Malaysia

Ironic. A day after I read about this recall, the handle on one of my weight pouches broke just as reported and caused the pouch to fall out during a dive because it prevented me from locking the pouch into the BC. Recovered the pouch and had the handle replaced though.

Thought I should pop in and say thanks. When I brought my Apex regs in for service last weekend, I finally took my Balance weight pockets in with me. Changed in 5 minutes, parts in stock, no fuss. Great service on a recall. (Dealer Diver's Wearhouse in Ottawa)

Great site,

I bought a new pouch in May this year in Duesseldorf, Germany to replace the one somebody had exchanged probably by mistake on the dive site, it looked used and I didn't like to click-sound , I know better now.
The plastic bag of the new pouch was very old ( made in Mexico) and I found that odd, now I know why after 30 dives the handle is cracked, it was the old type. Should the dealer not have known this ?

New subject : Bought a pair of Aqualung X-Shot done 10 dives in the Red Sea and the fins are cracked in four places on the edges in the middle, some cracks are double. This time the plastic bag it came in wasn't old, I have returned the fins to the shop yesterday and awaiting the out-come.

Now I have the Aqualung BCD ProQD , nothing to report on this one but it says made in Mexico, although CE00078 certified I am getting a little concerned.

Advice please.

DiverLux,

There is no cause for concern. It is unfortunate that the weight pocket handles were not replaced but if you take them back to the dive shop they will replace the handles free of charge. You should have no issues with your BCD. I am not sure what advise you are looking for but I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you R.T.K.

Well the pouch was manufactured in Mexico and the BCD in Mexico as well, my concern is there a quality control or material deficiency for items coming from there ?

The X-Shot definitely has a manufacturing and or material defect this has now been confirmed to me by a fellow diver in Germany who encountered the same problem, his mail just came in.

I replaced the old handles after one of them broke. At the moment both new handles are broken as well, exactly like the old ones did. I work as an instructor so I probably did more dives with the new handles than other people will ever do but I just thought you guys should now.

I keep seeing an indication that there has been a recall on the 'half moon' sure lock II handles. Some users on SB have indicated that these have been replaced with a 'mesh' type handle. I am interested if an Aqualung representative can make a comment on this, to either end the confusion or get my gear, 2 Zuma's with the 'half moon' handle, properly fixed. I have looked on the Aqualung site and they show the 'half moon' handle on the recall notice.

I believe that a direct comment from the Aqualung representative will clear this confusion.

Packrat12,

At this time there has not been a recall to the Sure Lock II "halfmoon" handles. Yes we have made a third revision to a webbing based handle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom