RECALL - SureLock II Weight Pocket Handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tphillipp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
To All Aqua Lung Divers:

Aqua Lung is conducting a voluntary recall of SureLock II weight pocket handles as found on most Aqua Lung buoyancy compensators since 2009.

Please use the link below which will take you to our website where you may read the recall announcement, learn if your buoyancy compensator is affected and how to remedy the situation.
As stated in the recall announcement quantities of replacement handles will be in short supply for the first few weeks, but we felt a responsibility to notify all Aqua Lung customers as quickly as possible.
We have made production of replacement handles a top priority with our supplier. Please contact your local authorized Aqua Lung dealer prior to bringing in your weight pockets to inquire whether they have replacement handles available.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We thank you for purchasing Aqua Lung products and wish you safe and enjoyable diving adventures.

Recall Notice

View attachment Consumer Notice.pdf

The Aqua Lung Team

Is this recall active in Canada as well?

TIA

Lucky for me I just bought a wing!

CPSC - Aqua Lung Recalls Buoyancy Compensators Due to Drowning Hazard

Aqua Lung buoyancy compensators with SureLock II weight pocket handles
Hazard:The rubber handles can detach as divers are trying to remove the weight pockets to rise to the surface in an emergency. This poses a drowning hazard.

Not a bc recall. And not new either. This is a recall on the weight pocket handle and this is a follow up in case any owners of the bc missed the original recall notice. Take your weight pockets to an Aqua Lung dealer- they don't need the whole bc - and you can have new handles installed in less than 10 minutes.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ma...recall-surelock-ii-weight-pocket-handles.html

This is really old, despite it being posted by US GOV as a recall now I believe. AL has replaced their products with newer Surelock handles that have re-tested strength improvements (as notarized by having a circular thick shape handle on the side of the wearer).

From Aqualung North America:
surelock_recall.jpg

Yeah, lucky for you that you bought a BP/W! You could have drownded dead.

Aqualung has been very proactive in replacing the weight pocket handles.

CPSC is a government entity...and the government is generally FUBAR'd...which would explain why their date on this recall is 03/21/13 but AL has been replacing them for quite some time.

Hi
What about if I live in Isarel, boudht BCD Zuma in Russia two years ago and i have not heard anythung about the mandatory replacement of untegral pockets. But yesterday immediately after a dive handle came off of one of the pockets!? Israel does not have a majir representative of the manufacturer or supplier. What can you advise?
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom