Suggestion Recaps in A&i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ScubaInChicago

ScubaInChicago

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

a large number of off topic posts have been deleted. Please stick to discussing the details of this accident. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

What happened to the great idea of a "Sticky" with known facts at the beginning of each of these AI threads? I would love to see the laundry list of f@*k ups on this one compiled in one place!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved from a discussion in the Accidents and Incidents forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea.

+1 supporting the proposal

What happened to the great idea of a "Sticky" with known facts at the beginning of each of these AI threads? I would love to see the laundry list of f@*k ups on this one compiled in one place!
There are a number of problems with the idea. To offer but a few...

1: A lot more oversight by busy Mods.
2: Calls for judgements to be made, and some of those are not so obvious.
3: Skips the value of discussion on a discussion board.
4: And then most won't read stickies anyway.

We have a Mishap Analysis forum already.

Facts could be referenced to the source, i.e. news report, official statements, first hand knowledge by those on scene. Those items don't require judgement calls unless there is absolutely no reasonable evidence to support it. The OP could become the person responsible for editing their first post to avoid a sticky, and since they were so concerned with the accident to post it, they can take on the responsibility of updating and moderating (with help/guidance of a real mod).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom