Recent experience at Malpelo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpelo is by far the best value in terms of the major big animal destinations. We can get a rate of under $100 per night at Intercontinental Cali where they transfer you to Buenaventura to join the boat. Nightly cost is about $560 per night - compared with GPS with some boats almost twice that and Socorro at a similar rates from $500 to $600 per night, and Cocos similar rates from $550 to $645 per night. Those rates are based on twin share and you can get your own ensuite cabin on Ferox. Plus you are the ONLY divers there - exclusivity has a high value in my book.

Is it very expensive mainly for the cost of the diving, or are you factoring in airfare and topside expenses like room and food? (...)

Just wondering where Malpelo Ferox trips fit in the mix in terms of total live-aboard trip cost.

I have to correct my original sentence :
If you really want to see Malpelo, be prepared to pay.
Or else, for the same money, go 3 times to Maldives ...

I think that Ferox has, compared to other similar boats with similar marketing targets (customers) in the triangle Malpelo - Cocos - Galapagos, a price in the mid-range.

Hotels, food and traveling is not very expensive in Colombia, again it depends on the type of customers you are targeting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom