Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone been recently and can report on vis?
I think I know the answer with the master drain plug being yanked and lake at 50% :(

was there last week. the viz was only 3-5 ft. There is lots of algae growing in the warm waters and it seems to shade the lower levels. We were at the East side marina, vista point but it looked like the rest of the lake was about the same. Waiting for it to cool off a bit so the algae will go away and the waters will clear.

im going to be out there this weekend to test out my new gear. Im hoping viz is ok.

anyone recommend a cove without a lot of traffic? I have a boat and just want to anchor down.
with it being labor day weekend im sure there will be alot if idiots out there.

I really hope the conditions clear up. I have my OW cert in Lake Pleasant on the 15th and 16th!!!

I really hope the conditions clear up. I have my OW cert in Lake Pleasant on the 15th and 16th!!!

Mfox.....

Good luck on your cert dives. You gonna be at Vista Point?

Adam

Last Sunday, Aug 26, the vis was not great at Vista Point as already stated. Above 40ft it was 3-5, but below 40 couldn't differenciate brown water from brown bottom. The solution was to stay above 40 ft. The temp was 85-87, so there is that.

Last Sunday, Aug 26, the vis was not great at Vista Point as already stated. Above 40ft it was 3-5, but below 40 couldn't differenciate brown water from brown bottom. The solution was to stay above 40 ft. The temp was 85-87, so there is that.

About the only way to distinguish the bottom is when you run into it. :wink:

Anyone dive Pleasant recently? I'm diving Vista Point (I think) tomorrow for my first OW dive.

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Dove Vista Point this morning for my first day of OW certification dives. Visibility was about 6-8ft when we started, but with a bunch of new divers the visibility went down to about 3-4 feet at around 35'.

The water was like bath water wearing a 3/2 wet suit.

I was at Desert Tortoise / 2 Cow Cove today and the water level was up a foot or 2 since I was there 2 weeks ago. Vis was 10'-12' near the top, a lot better than last visit. 10' vis at 37'. Temp was 78 at 37'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom