"Recent Visitors" or Stalkers?

How often will you view Public Profiles now that visitors are ID'd?

• Less often.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • About the same.

Votes: 100 63.3%
  • More often.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave4868

Old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Unlike many of the recent changes in the Public Profile that lubricate our social interactions, I think revealing the ScubaBoard ID's of the "Recent Visitors" will probably reduce the number of views of that page, as people don't want to be misconstrued as a possible stalker, however remote.

Is there a positive effect of revealing ID's that I'm not seeing?

Not to sound like an ingrate, THANK YOU ScubaBoard Master Elves for the many nice changes elsewhere, including the Visitor count. :)

Dave C

Last edited:
I can see your point...but my curiosity about who is visiting my page outweighs my concern about other people thinking of me as a stalker.

Unlike many of the recent changes in the Public Profile that lubricate our social interactions, I think revealing the ScubaBoard ID's of the last three "Recent Visitors" will probably reduce the number of views of that page, as people don't want to be miscontrued as a possible stalker, however remote.

Is there a positive effect of revealing ID's that I'm not seeing?

Not to sound like an ingrate, THANK YOU ScubaBoard Master Elves for the many nice changes elsewhere, including the Visitor count. :)

Dave C

I have to agree. I have liked all the changes to the forum but I do not like the "Recent Visitors" add on.

The new feature of who's viewed you is not really a concern in my opinion, as we all put up what we want others to see/ know about us when we fill out our profile.

Our Public Profiles are there for others to view!!!!:popcorn:

I have to agree. I have liked all the changes to the forum but I do not like the "Recent Visitors" add on.

"Ack, what the heck am I doing?" That's what I just said to myself as I checked your profile before I remembered the ID.... Sorry, just curious, I'm going now....

It just doesn't feel right....

Dave C

help.. I can see who looked at others members profiles, but I can't see who looked at mine. Is that the way it's supposed to work???

I know there are people looking at my profile but because it is public, it does not mean I need to know who all of them were.

I fell like Dave does, not quite right. One thing that El Orans pointed out though, you can always log out and stalk anonymously... :wink:

help.. I can see who looked at others members profiles, but I can't see who looked at mine. Is that the way it's supposed to work???

Frank, that points out another potential problem: "Profile Envy"! :D

Dave C

"Ack, what the heck am I doing?" That's what I just said to myself as I checked your profile before I remembered the ID.... Sorry, just curious, I'm going now....

It just doesn't feel right....

Dave C

Thats ok I just looked at yours too. Wanna be my friend? I'm not a stalker honest.:eyebrow:

Thats ok I just looked at yours too. Wanna be my friend? I'm not a stalker honest.:eyebrow:

You're scaring me!

Now an email just popped up about being someone's friend....

I'll have to read about this "Friends" thing. Sounds like some kinda commitment to me.... :shakehead:

What the heck do people have against loners anyway? Got a bum rap somewhere.... :D

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom