"Recent Visitors" or Stalkers?

How often will you view Public Profiles now that visitors are ID'd?

• Less often.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • About the same.

Votes: 100 63.3%
  • More often.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unlike many of the recent changes in the Public Profile that lubricate our social interactions, I think revealing the ScubaBoard ID's of the "Recent Visitors" will probably reduce the number of views of that page, as people don't want to be misconstrued as a possible stalker, however remote.

Is there a positive effect of revealing ID's that I'm not seeing?

Not to sound like an ingrate, THANK YOU ScubaBoard Master Elves for the many nice changes elsewhere, including the Visitor count. :)

Dave C

Im very forgetful, and often look at the same persons profile on a daily basis. It hasnt stopped me from checking out profiles, even if I'm called the "L" word for doing so. :shakehead:

I don't mind the stalkers.... it's the paparazzi that bother me :wink:

I saw that Richie Kohler checked my profile page recently. Kinda cool.

Didn't notice this thread until now. But I noticed this feature at some point and all I could think was what a bad idea it was and whatever was someone thinking to do that?

I saw that Richie Kohler checked my profile page recently. Kinda cool.

:shocked2: Richie Kohler never checks my profile, and I know people who know him well.

I feel so unloved :depressed:

DRTYJRZY checked mine :D. I think he is the only famous person that checked out my page. Personally, I could care less who checks my page out. I just want the ability to stalk others....:w-t-f:....I mean look at other pages. Actually, I think half the time I visit someone's page it is accidental. I go to click on a thread and click just below it and get directed to the poster.

DRTYJRZY checked mine :D. I think he is the only famous person that checked out my page. Personally, I could care less who checks my page out. I just want the ability to stalk others....:w-t-f:....I mean look at other pages. Actually, I think half the time I visit someone's page it is accidental. I go to click on a thread and click just below it and get directed to the poster.

I checked your page today, to get a link to the thread you started about posting pictures and videos.

BUT you would never know since I'm in stealth mode :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom