Rechrome 2nd Stage internal parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnywulff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It's possible to rechrome internals parts of a 2nd stage regulator, I mean the inlet, orifice and ajustment knot, any experience how will work afterwards, breathing performance ?

Thanks in advance for comments.

Regards

should perform just as well as it did before, just have to make sure the threads don't get too much chrome or they will chew themselves when you are screwing them back in. @OWIC647 had a lot of experience rechroming regulators though sadly the guy he worked with in the US has stopped plating

It's possible to rechrome internals parts of a 2nd stage regulator, I mean the inlet, orifice and ajustment knot, any experience how will work afterwards, breathing performance ?

Thanks in advance for comments.

Regards

What regs did you have in mind? Your Ds? Cheers.

should perform just as well as it did before, just have to make sure the threads don't get too much chrome or they will chew themselves when you are screwing them back in. @OWIC647 had a lot of experience rechroming regulators though sadly the guy he worked with in the US has stopped plating
Thanks @tbone1004

is this a reg that no longer has parts available? if there are parts available, buying new parts might be cheaper than rechroming the old ones

I am a 3 generation metal finisher and chrome platter ... there is so much bs surrounding this subject , ANYTHING can be plated even wood or plastic its all about what you want even hard chrome has lots of uses ......contact me PM ..steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom