Recomendations for Regulator and Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing to think about is do you need a hood? if your looking for a 7mm more than likely you need one so there is an added cost for that if the suit does not have an integrated hood. I prefer a suit with a chest zip and the hood attached, the brands that I dive are Xcel and Bare as they fit me well. Regulators are a personal choice as most will do the job for you I have several different brands but the one I dive the most is an Apex XTX50.

For a suit I'd recommend Bare S flex, ist around 150€ and apeks ATX40, which are around 350€ for a whole set with a manometer.

The suit is quite good, and to be honest much warmer than a lot of suits I've tried. Get a nice bibbed hood or hooded west, and you're good to go. I've dive it as cold as 12°C in 5mm only, and 9°C witha 7mm shorty over it.

Wetsuits are very fit specific so go with what fits best regardless of price.

For regs tell us more about where you dive, when you dive and if you know your future dive plans.

For buying a wetsuit, my #1 recommendation is try on a number of different makes. When I went through this buying process I found that the fit differed on every suit I tried on. The annoying thing was that I had to try on 4-5 different wetsuits before I found the right one for me. Scuba shops have the smallest change rooms ever. Why???? I ended up with a 5mm ScubaPro Definition.

On the reg side, as others have said, it depends on your current and future diving wants and needs. My advise is to stick with a name brand, where service and parts are readily available. Also go into your preferred scuba dealer and say you want a 5mm wetsuit + regs for at least a 30% discount off of MAP/MSRP. Some dealers will discount and others won't. Find the one or ones that will give you a reasonable deal. All the best down under!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom