Recommend any homestays in Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arsalan Ahmed

Contributor
Reaction score
Single diver and can't justify the cost of most of the places I've seen online. I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good homestay that was more central in Raja Ampat (kind of like Kordiris Homestay)

If anyone has had experience and can let me know, that would be awesome.

Many home stays offer cheaper accommodation as opposed to the bigger resorts, in the end you get what you pay for, such as rats, cockroaches and no fans. We can all live this way for a few days, and rough it, but if you plan to dive with any of these operators (if you can call them that) you are taking a chance with faulty equipment, untrained dive guides, lack of emergency equipment, some are better than others, but I would think twice before diving with the homestays.

Many home stays offer cheaper accommodation as opposed to the bigger resorts, in the end you get what you pay for, such as rats, cockroaches and no fans. We can all live this way for a few days, and rough it, but if you plan to dive with any of these operators (if you can call them that) you are taking a chance with faulty equipment, untrained dive guides, lack of emergency equipment, some are better than others, but I would think twice before diving with the homestays.

A friend just came back from a wonderful kayak trip in RA and he really liked the homestays (guest houses), which were over the water. But I take your point about the quality of dive shops.

Does anyone else have experience with dive shops and guest houses in RA?

Thanks,

Bill

I'm just browsing and read this. Unfortunately, the statement are true for the most part but not all homestays. I'm currently working with my father to help. Ours is called Daroyen Village (www.daroyenvillage.com). Being local and learn the business over the years, we work hard to improve our facility. Safety is a main concern, we invested every bit we earned to our boat, dive equipment, guides and emergency equipment. We are equipped with two Bauer dive compressors, tanks, and dive equipments. We also have portable emergency O2 tanks and First Aid kits in the boat. We are located in a secluded location at Gam island, no rats here :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom