Recommend me a travel BC for advanced diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im a Hydros fan. You can remove the weight pockets in favor of a belt style wasit clip that lowers the weight down quite a bit.

Seconded. I use the belt with a couple Dolphin Tech quick ditch weight pouches and travel with all my gear (sans fins and blades) in my carry on.

Unfortunately they have discontinued the Travel Pac
I see. DGX still has S/XL size for sale with discount. Otherwise if you are not in a hurry and want something similar, then you can also wait for the new product replacing the TravelPac from DiveRite some time in the future.

That's meant to be used with a sidemount BC. How would you propose that be used with a BP/W or a jacket BC?

The SMS100 is a convertible backmount/sidemount rig. It's designed to add weight to any rig with standard bolt spacing between the wing and the plate.

Yeah but the most recent place we dove only had soft weights so no weight belt option. This is why I’m trying to get a BC setup as opposed to a wing harness. I have lots of wings, plates and harnesses so really don’t need anymore of those options.
You can use cam band pouches or have pockets on the waist harness.

Back
Top Bottom