Recommendation on a 5 mil Wet Suit for Tropical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuma1720

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I live in Florida and mostly dive in the Keys so I do not need anything thicker than a 5 mil.
What I do need is a recommendation on a comfortable, easy fitting wetsuit that I can use throughout the winter.
I currently own a 3mil and want to upgrade to something warmer but comfortable.

The Bare Velocity is a nice suit. If you ever want to turn it up a notch wear the hooded chicken vest underneath. That vest would also enhance the 3mm.

Pete

The Bare Velocity is a nice suit. If you ever want to turn it up a notch wear the hooded chicken vest underneath. That vest would also enhance the 3mm.

Pete
If you're not already using a hood in the winter that may be all you need - the hooded vest is even better. If you feel you need more than that - a full 5 mil - then the new hyperstretch suits from Aqualung are very nice - I use a 7 mil in that material and it's by far the easiest to deal with of any other 7 mil I've ever had.
Rick

I'll second the Bare Velocity recommendation...last winter I dove the east coast with a Bare 3/2 + my henderson 5/3 hooded vest (best piece of neoprene ever). This winter I think i will switch to my new Bare 5/4 + the vest.

Cheers.

-J.-

Look at the Excel 5/4/3, tell me what you think. That is what I am thinking or the Pinnacle Seal, 3mil. I am getting cold at 80 degrees. Need to turn up the temp in the pool.

don O

What water temps are you speaking of.........I would bet you get a chicken hood(very inexpensive & comfortable), that'll be all you need-with your 3 mm...I dive a 3/2 & chicken hood and am good for 70 degrees(if not slightly cooler)........

I would also consider the Henderson Hyperstretch Jumpsuit. When you try it you will never want to wear another wetsuit again.

Brent

Add my name to the list of Bare Velocity fans. It is just a terrific suit.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom