• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Recommendation on an underwater camera system boat bag

Discussion in 'Tips and Techniques' started by Yellowdog, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Yellowdog

Yellowdog Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Looking for a travel friendly boat bag for my 2 YS - 01 strobes, tray, arms, Fanatsea V housing, KRL - 01 wet lens, macro lens and associated gear. Looking for something padded and preferably with a plastic or at least salt water friendly zipper.

2. hammet

hammet Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Sam Miller III likes this.
  3. doctormike

doctormike ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hoag likes this.
  4. outofofficebrb

outofofficebrb HARRO HUNNAYYY

AO cooler. I use a 24 can size for my RX100 rig - with 2 8 inch arms on each side and YSD2 sized strobes. I also have a wide angle lens with dome on it. It can fit other things inside it, as well as on the outer zipped pocket. I use it for day boat transport, as my personal rinse tank/storage on liveaboards, and on off-days of diving, a cooler for local bevvies.

https://www.amazon.com/AO-Coolers-Canvas-High-Density-Insulation/dp/B07JY7N2Y3

VsubT likes this.
  5. kelemvor

kelemvor Big Fleshy Monster ScubaBoard Supporter

If yeti makes it, walmart sells a comparable clone for a fraction of the price. I'm no fan of going into the walmart but for a few things it makes sense. In the case of some of the yeti coolers, the walmart clone is actually superior to the original.

6. Gareth J

Gareth J Manta Ray

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I use a cold box, for carrying my camera and storing it on the boat.
    It's got a hard outer, and lid, provides some physically protection. Disguise's the camera - who's going to steal my lunch from the car?

7. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Nassau Grouper

I just wrap my compact rig in a towel. Shades it from direct sun and also can be used post dive to dry me off.

8. ScubaMarc

ScubaMarc Manta Ray

I use a 22" craftsman tool bag. I am the person who does not like to spell out scuba gear on my luggage and YELL expensive camera in this bag. Usually after the 1st day, most of my gear is kept by the dive shop, but ever day i carry my camera back to my hotel. This is less conspicuous. Too many times, i hear people say nice camera.

If you want padding, add a towel.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSopAS5pvZswLHn4ZFu9CP_JmEBcVDzm8VnKYMgY1uLUzX2NowUpQ.jpg

Salt is not a problem, they are so cheap i buy a new one ever few years.

9. Yellowdog

Yellowdog Nassau Grouper

Thanks for the replies. Can any of these options be folded down and packed in luggage or do you use them as one of the allowed carry-on's for your camera gear when traveling?

10. VsubT

VsubT Solo Diver

I’ve done both. The AO cooler with a strap works well as a padded carry-on for my compact system + lights. Alternately, it can be packed with stuff and put into another suitcase or checked as a bag on its own.

Lance