Recommendation: Prescription dive mask for large noses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

COLC2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
MASK recommendations: New to the website and forums. 25 year diver. I‘ve always had problems with masks hurting my nose, but just dealt with it over the years. I have an average face size, but LARGER NOSE.

I’m getting older and my eyesight is bad enough now, that I want to invest in a mask with PRESCRIPTION lenses. Any advice on a mask that accommodates a larger nose AND prescription lenses?

MOUTHPIECE: I also had jaw surgery about 8 years ago, and my jaw gets fatigued when using the standard mouthpieces. Looking for recommendations on best MOLDABLE MOUTHPIECE that you can mold to your own bite. Appreciate the help!

C2

Something to watch out for...

A lot of optometrists work with glasses shops and so they don't take one of me measurements needed to get lenses ground. The theory is that the person ordering the glasses will take this measurement, and, oh, hey, that means you can only order from us because you won't have all the information to order online. One can argue all day long if it's a scam (I think it is), but be prepared to measure your inter-pupilary distance yourself because that will not be on your prescription and the shop that grinds your lenses will need it. You can measure it yourself with a ruler marked in millimeters.

Back
Top Bottom