Recommendation: Wrist Depth Gauge and Mesh Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strategist.

Rubber Ducky
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there!

I have an upcoming LOB trip, and unfortunately the bunks on the boat is small. So I would appreciate any recommendations for a good quality mesh bag that I can transport my gear onto the boat.

Additionally, I've been looking for a wrist depth gauge and I've come across this listing:
Aqualung Depth Gauge

Does anybody have a better recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

..I have an upcoming LOB trip,
Mine is a no longer available mesh duffle bag and there are lots of styles out there.
My only recommendation that you will incredibly appreciate is that your mesh bag has wheels. I see alot of backpack styles where people carrying have a wet spot on their shirt going thru the airport cause some hidden BCD pouch still contained water. Get wheels,,makes a big difference.

Mine is a no longer available mesh duffle bag and there are lots of styles out there.
My only recommendation that you will incredibly appreciate is that your mesh bag has wheels. I see alot of backpack styles where people carrying have a wet spot on their shirt going thru the airport cause some hidden BCD pouch still contained water. Get wheels,,makes a big difference.

Thanks! I actually forgot to mention that I'll be transporting the gears from my country to Thailand via a luggage. However, I will transfer the stuff into a mesh bag for the LOB portion while the luggage remains with the hotel!

Stahlsac makes some nice quality bags and it also has the benefit of coming in different sizes so you can order a size to fit your needs.

If you’re looking for an analog depth gauge, I like the Argonaut Depth Gauge from Vintage Double Hose. It’s a simple depth gauge and @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose has great customer service.

Stahlsac makes some nice quality bags and it also has the benefit of coming in different sizes so you can order a size to fit your needs.

If you’re looking for an analog depth gauge, I like the Argonaut Depth Gauge from Vintage Double Hose. It’s a simple depth gauge and @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose has great customer service.

Thanks! I've saw someone else recommending Stahlsac mesh bags as well. I will pay serious consideration for their bags.

On the other hand, I can't seem to find the Argonaut Depth Gauge from Bryan's site. Would you have a link to it?

I would just use one big heavy duty disposal bag to transport the gear from the hotel to the boat.
As for the wrist mount depth gauge, I would buy a cheap wrist mount computer instead. It can use as a back up to your primary computer.

Thanks! I've saw someone else recommending Stahlsac mesh bags as well. I will pay serious consideration for their bags.

On the other hand, I can't seem to find the Argonaut Depth Gauge from Bryan's site. Would you have a link to it?

Unfortunately it appears as if he is out of the Argonaut Depth Gauge. If you shoot him an email, he should be able to let you know for sure.

I would just use one big heavy duty disposal bag to transport the gear from the hotel to the boat.
As for the wrist mount depth gauge, I would buy a cheap wrist mount computer instead. It can use as a back up to your primary computer.

Thanks for the recommendations! If the price doesn't differ too much, I would probably get a backup computer instead.

On the other hand, I would probably try to avoid disposal bags because I don't wanna create waste :p

Back
Top Bottom