Recommendations? Attach Dual Bladder (Deco Sidemount Bladder #22)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I planned using an XDeep stealth 2.0 tec wing and if I needed redundancy a Deco Sidemount Bladder as backup. However, I won't be getting the XDeep wing in time for my trip. So I got two Deco Sidemount Bladders for the time being.

I need recommendations/ideas on how to mount both of them. I have a custom harness I'm currently making. This will be warm water (70-75 F degrees) - 3 mm wetsuit, 2 tank AL80.

The link below is the picture of the wing.
https://www.diveequipmentco.com/med...bef69cfacb880e7c51d402958/s/m/sm3_400x400.jpg

My idea at the moment is to tie the wings at the right, left, and middle bottom grommet holes. The sides would use bungee or quick links. The middle bottom would just be a bungee that goes through both and meets at the front crotch strap / belt buckle. Also it will be attached mainly to me via side bungees with a bungee tie (ie. Sidemount Bungee Tie , Piranha Dive Shop |)

Thanks any critiques or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Why do you need a second bladder at all?
You have almost no suit compression in a 3mm so little buoyancy to lose as you descend
You can swim up 2 al80s, they aren't that negative.

You have almost no suit compression in a 3mm so little buoyancy to lose as you descend

By Jove! It ...just might work....

This will be warm water (70-75 F degrees) - 3 mm wetsuit, 2 tank AL80.

I also think you'd be fine in a 3mm without all that extra messing around. A good SMB is also extra flotation.

FWIW, though, at least for me 70 degrees isn't "warm water," not 3mm warm anyway, particularly for any dive requiring more than one cylinder.

I also think you'd be fine in a 3mm without all that extra messing around. A good SMB is also extra flotation.

FWIW, though, at least for me 70 degrees isn't "warm water," not 3mm warm anyway, particularly for any dive requiring more than one cylinder.

Hmmmm... @@ that makes a lot of sense!! The SMB which I'll have already will be back up, just to make me feel better. Thanks guys

I'm used to 52-58 F water in 7mm. I'll be wearing a full trilaminate suit under the 3mm wetsuit if I do long dives so I'll be pretty toasty.

Back
Top Bottom