Recommendations for prescription mask vendors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know you didn't ask... but have you considered trying contact lenses? My search for a good prescription mask solution several years ago lead me to contacts. Has made my life (not just diving) so much easier. Same happened to my buddy... after I cajoled him for several years.

PS - a year's worth of contacts cost less than a prescription mask.

My dive buddy has had good results from here: Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.
She sends in a mask and her prescription. I think she gets "see unders" i.e. not single vision lens, but some fancy stuff for both near and far vision correction.
We have had no border issues dealing from Canada.

Don't know how much the custom ones linked cost, but I've had good success with just drop-in off-the-shelf prescription lenses for my mask.

I went the cheaper route, online found sale lenses with my Rx, matched them to the mask also on sale. Got two different masks for around $70-80 each. One mask I put lenses on myself(youtube is awesome!!), the other arrived assembled. Been using them for two years, no leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom