Recommendations for stage kit options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scgilk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey guys I am hoping you could give me some recommendations for stage kits for different tank sizes. I will be taking a sidemount course (and eventually cave diving) at the end of the year and dive all around the world so use many different tank sizes. Most often I use 10L, 12L, and AL80's. I don't want to use cam bands, I would prefer the jubilee bands. Just wondered if there was a minimalist, one size fits most kit? I have looked around at the razor kit and liked the look of it.

See below

thanks for your options in advance:)

Razor - Sidemount Cylinder Rigging Kit

That is all that is required...

For 2 tanks...
2 bands
2 clips
2 small sections of line to secure the above clips under the above bands
And hose retainers (generally 3)

Extras...
2 double enders
2 small lines for around the tank valve

This should be well under $20 in raw materials... do note that 8” tanks will be larger than 7.25” tanks, so if you have both sizes, it would be advantageous to have a large and small set of bands.

If the bands are coming off the tanks regularly, cam bands are my preference (ie travel/rental tanks)

_R

couple things.

Are you wanting these for stage bottles, or for sidemount bottles? Two usually very different things...
Why the objection to cam bands? They are really quite useful when travelling... Dive Rite makes thin cam bands that are ideal for sidemount.
Dive Rite Tank Strap, Narrow w/Low Profile Cam Buckle | Dive Gear Express®

All you have to do from there is get a piece of paracord and a clip of your choice for the bottom which goes under the tri-glide that's already on there, and another piece of paracord with a clip of your choice for the top...

@tbone1004 Wow I haven't found any cam bands like that! those are great thank you!

On a side note, the razor rigging kit (and others like it that have jubilee bands), are they almost always only for one tank size?

dive all around the world so use many different tank sizes.
If you're traveling a lot and using different tank sizes, I'd think long and hard about doing cambands and having a rigging kit for each size you commonly use, so you can have them set up and ready to go when you arrive.

@tbone1004 Wow I haven't found any cam bands like that! those are great thank you!

On a side note, the razor rigging kit (and others like it that have jubilee bands), are they almost always only for one tank size?

they will usually do most normal sizes, i.e. 7, 7.25, and 8" tanks, but the ends of them tend to get long, you have to carry screw drivers or wrenches around, and are generally unpleasant if you don't have them permanently mounted.

Hi,

I am using jubilee bands. I prefer them over cam bands because they sit tighter on the tank. Yes, you need a screwdriver which you would not need when using cam bands. It takes about two to three minutes per tank to attach the jubilee band. Depending on the tank size you need different jubilee bands (or different cam bands). You can use the same jubilee band on a 10 l, a 12 l and AL80 tank. But keep on mind that an AL80 has about 184 mm diameter while a 12 l steel has about 171 mm diameter. So, in case of using an AL80 band on a 12 l tank, you end up with some extra band which you might want to have. Jubilee band is cheaper than cam band.

Best wishes Jens

Use stainless hose clamps (jubilee?), and just chose to take them with me for a week of diving in Mexico. we were diving AL80s, sidemount plus a stage daily.

instead of a screwdriver, I keep an 8mm nut driver in my travel kit. It makes the swaps very easy.

Back
Top Bottom